• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have friends at other airlines that wouldn't talk to me anymore. A mind opening experience I certainly wasn't expecting

Yeah, yeah. That's it, they be hatin on you, because they envy you. You and Dash need to buy some wigs and join the real housewives of Atlanta.

Yeah, yeah. That's it, they be hatin on you, because they envy you. You and Dash need to buy some wigs and join the real housewives of Atlanta.

There you go again.

They don't envy me, they envy what they don't have.

Probably too deep for you to understand.

No insecurity here, FO.

Just setting the record straight. Do you have a problem with the truth? And why does this tap your insecurities?

Thank you captain for setting me straight. I see now, Southwest is the best and is invincible.

Thank you captain for setting me straight. I see now, Southwest is the best and is invincible.

Sigh......

I said nothing of the sort and neither feel we are the best or invincible. And your statement is not honest or truthful.

Your anger is getting the best of you.

Sigh......

I said nothing of the sort and neither feel we are the best or invincible. And your statement is not honest or truthful.

Your anger is getting the best of you.

No captain, since I was acquired (not hired), my fellow acquired (not hired) AirTran pilots and myself will do our part to make that statement correct. We have done so in the past with far less and will do so in the future. We are humble servants to the Southwest cause. No joke, captain.

Believe it or not, while others were really suffering during financial downturns, Southwest continued to grow and succeed. Some people were so envious of that type of security and the level of happiness those employees displayed that the envy turned to hate. We were irrationally the ones to blame for the legacies failing model.

This is the most precise response to what has been going on with FI for years.

There are plenty of good airlines to work for, but when SW was the last 'non-bankruptcy' carrier powering thru events like 9/11....well, the haters really came out of the woodwork.

It's really not 'my airline is better than yours'. It just happened that the Southwest management team was more astute at navigating the turbulent waters. It also helped that they had most of the employees onboard and pulling the same direction.

Three longtime SWA pilots all saying the same thing and in total agreement does not seem like "crap" to me. It sounds like there is a possibility of truth. It was relevant to the discussion so I passed it on.

Since this blew up last night, I also talked with a friend who I flew with at Scenic years ago that has been at SWA for about 4 or 5 years. He said that he thinks SWAPA is in for a fight for your next contract. He's pretty sure that management will ask for "efficiencies" in your work rules and a pay freeze if not a cut. He thinks in the end that you won't take a pay cut but there will be little or no raises. He also thinks your work rules will take a hit. He does not see it being a win but at best a neutral outcome. I've known this guy since 1999. Should I call what he tells me crap because it's different from your opinion?

I was not gloating about anything. I have nothing to gloat about. And if you go back and search my posts, I have never called for the demise of SWA. Nor have I ever said it wasn't a good job or a good place to work. I have pointed out some short comings but I have also pointing out shortcomings at my own airline. What I have done is pointed out the "holier than thou" attitudes of certain SWA pilots on this board that seem to think anyone not at SWA shouldn't dare have an opinion contrary to theirs.

General Lee, "that guy", etc.? I happen to think General Less has had some very valid points. I think you are as much "that guy" as you claim General Lee or I am being. You can not take anyone posting anything other than praise for SWA. You immediately attack anyone that does. Maybe you should also reexamine your posting history and try to emulate the General's new philosophy.

Jim,

I understand. I do. It is tough trying to tell a group that they should believe something that the rest of us apparently see. Maybe everyone else sees it too, and just the group doesn't. It is hard to change people's minds. What I am trying to do now is take the "jabs" out of the equation. It just isn't worth it. That doesn't mean we can't have opinions, and this board allows that. It's the changing people's minds part that is tough. Hopefully the AT guys will assimmilate well into the SWA group, but there may be some hard feelings, and that is something SWA will have to deal with. All mergers have some hard feelings, but usually not the WHOLE other group. You and I can agree that one side's management could have done things a different way and might have had a different outcome, but it happened and they will now deal with it. If your group ever gets into a merger, hope it is with a partner that has already "done it right". Pilot groups will still fight for the best SLI advantage, but then hopefully they can sit together on a 5 hour flight and not kill each other.

Still, give good opinions and try to keep the jabs out of it. It is tough with some people, but overall I am trying to keep the jabs out. I do like your posts, btw.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No captain, since I was acquired (not hired), my fellow acquired (not hired) AirTran pilots and myself will do our part to make that statement correct. We have done so in the past with far less and will do so in the future. We are humble servants to the Southwest cause. No joke, captain.

What is with the antagonistic "captain" crap.

No one will take you seriously until you freakin grow up.

I really am learning to dislike you guys.

Jim,

I understand. I do. It is tough trying to tell a group that they should believe something that the rest of us apparently see. Maybe everyone else sees it too, and just the group doesn't. It is hard to change people's minds. What I am trying to do now is take the "jabs" out of the equation. It just isn't worth it. That doesn't mean we can't have opinions, and this board allows that. It's the changing people's minds part that is tough. Hopefully the AT guys will assimmilate well into the SWA group, but there may be some hard feelings, and that is something SWA will have to deal with. All mergers have some hard feelings, but usually not the WHOLE other group. You and I can agree that one side's management could have done things a different way and might have had a different outcome, but it happened and they will now deal with it. If your group ever gets into a merger, hope it is with a partner that has already "done it right". Pilot groups will still fight for the best SLI advantage, but then hopefully they can sit together on a 5 hour flight and not kill each other.

Still, give good opinions and try to keep the jabs out of it. It is tough with some people, but overall I am trying to keep the jabs out. I do like your posts, btw.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is so bizarre.

It is so obvious you are also Jim.

If one really wants to see how hard General Lee is trying to keep the "jabs" out of posting, go see his posts on the pinnacle threads.

The truth and honesty is not welcome on this board.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back