• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL....i have talked to both MC and MEC reps that collaborate Maxblast's statements. They were all present and you were not. BTW, it is no secret that you wrote AC's email to the pilot group. Is that a conflict of interests with you being ALPA EVP?
PCL, this is exactly why ALPA gets a bad name. Instead of making sure guys that act like one of the Magnificent Seven did on the night of July 13th get removed and replaced by someone that takes their responsibility very seriously, you defend the guy. I didn't say you had to publicly trash them, but there are ways to quietly talk him into leaving.

For the record, you always acted professionally and put in a lot of hard work for the AirTran pilots (and all pilots of Group B3). I just disagree with your take on what CEOs will or will not do when poked in the eye.

The man merely relayed an anecdote he heard in the cockpit while jumpseating. The man merely relayed his personal opinion on the SLI, as he saw it, after hearing both sides of the argument. Because his beliefs do not agree with SWA bandwagon he's labeled a hater, and ridiculed. No wonder he's out of here.

I'd say if SWA comes looking for concessions ya'll should call him up and apologize.

Anyone who comes on here who has no dog in the fight and acts like they care, while strongly criticizing one side without any consideration for the other sides position, and relaying a conversation about something that doesn't exist.........is a hater.

Believe it or not, while others were really suffering during financial downturns, Southwest continued to grow and succeed. Some people were so envious of that type of security and the level of happiness those employees displayed that the envy turned to hate. We were irrationally the ones to blame for the legacies failing model.

Jim's comment was only meant to inflame. To see it otherwise is just part of the problem.

Anyone who comes on here who has no dog in the fight and acts like they care, while strongly criticizing one side without any consideration for the other sides position, and relaying a conversation about something that doesn't exist.........is a hater.

Believe it or not, while others were really suffering during financial downturns, Southwest continued to grow and succeed. Some people were so envious of that type of security and the level of happiness those employees displayed that the envy turned to hate. We were irrationally the ones to blame for the legacies failing model.

Jim's comment was only meant to inflame. To see it otherwise is just part of the problem.

Who are you trying to convince? The "haters" or yourself?

I admittedly was one of those envious people.

I left a legacy, that is still in business, to work for SWA before that envy might have turned into hate. I hope that isn't me but who knows. It was left untested.

I have seen first hand what Dash is talking about. And it is very true. I have friends at other airlines that wouldn't talk to me anymore. A mind opening experience I certainly wasn't expecting.

Good luck to us all.

????????

Is there a point somewhere?

Sure thing captain. My point was why do you waste so much energy trying to convince detractors or trash them when they have a differing view? What's with the insecurity?

Sure thing captain. My point was why do you waste so much energy trying to convince detractors or trash them when they have a differing view? What's with the insecurity?

No insecurity here, FO.

Just setting the record straight. Do you have a problem with the truth? And why does this tap your insecurities?

This is a response that had to do with my post.

The detractors are an unhealthy side show to this integration.

I would hope that could see that also. This entire thread was started and fueled by a detractor.

If you want to call my concerns for our collective future an insecurity, then I will I will say I am insecure about the future of our work group based on the feelings expressed here on FI. There is not a large enough sample on the property yet to conclude otherwise.

Latest resources

Back