• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 and PCL128 will never admit they help cost the AirTran pilot group hundreds of millions of dollars and alot of beneficial fences that would have helped blunt some of the seniority list pain. Not only did their actions cost the AirTran pilot group alot of money and QOL, but their actions also caused a DFR lawsuit that could end up costing ALPA tens of millions.

A simple pilot vote on SIA #1 would have been the proper way to poll the AirTran pilots (not having MEC reps try and do some unscientific polling through emails). A pilot vote also would have removed almost all chance of ALPA getting sued for breach of DFR.

Monday was three days ago. There will be no Thursday afternoon quarterbacking.

And the other side will never admit that threatening our jobs to vote on an SLI that they used management to ram down our throats, instead of a Real negotiated SLI or arbitration ruined a lot of our careers and cost us millions. That is the sad truth.
Ran into Max in the airport a while back, he went on and on about the DFR that he's a party to, even though he was on the NC, and even though he knows it's a loser of a lawsuit.

There's a lot of things I could get into about Max and what he will never admit regarding the SLI, but it's really pointless now.

I will say that I have REPEATEDLY said (both on the board and publicly) that I feel badly for what my position (along with several hundred other pilots who came to the MEC meeting that day) on SIA 1 cost not only me, but the pilot group as a whole.

I simply expected (as did everyone else on the AAI side of the partition) the Process Agreement to play out as agreed and go on to arbitration. As for the rest, it's history. Life goes on...

Last edited:
The airline industry is rediculously cyclical. It's like a history nightmare.
The only history of any importance to take from this is:

1. Signed Agreements, no matter WHAT management team is in charge, are worth toilet paper if you can't enforce them.

2. The enforcement of signed agreements, including CBA's, is highly problematic with the RLA governing Airlines.

3. No one is going to watch out for you in this business. Not your buddy, not your union, not your manager, no one. Vote how you need to vote, both politically and professionally, and take care of yourself because the senior eat their young, no one is watching out for the future of aviation, nothing is changing those two facts, and if you don't have a "Plan B" in this career, you need to start working on one yesterday.

That's about it for today's object lesson Boys and Girls. Tune in next week for the importance of getting your Semi-Automatic rifle parts BEFORE a President illegally signs an Executive Order circumventing the 2nd Amendment. ;)

Whoa, whoa, wait a second. They changed your buddy pass system so that if you happen to be sick more than a certain number of days in a year, you lose your buddy passes???
If you are sick just one day a month you lose the Buddy pass for that month in addition to the bonus pass for the month.

Also while Military Leave does make you ineligible for the Buddy Passes under the new program Reservists will still be eligible for Buddy Passes under the Military Appreciation Program. In that program a Reservist will get a Buddy Pass for every monthly drill. If a Reservist can do monthly drill on their days off then they can still get passes under both the new procedure and the Military Appreciation Program.

I actually like the new system for myself. Buddy passes could be a pain in the rear and non-reving can be too stressful anymore. With the new system you can bank the points indefinitely so passes don't expire and you can transfer your points to your rapid rewards account and travel like a customer. This is big upgrade for my family.

It is to each their own and some will like it and some will not. Just like the old system, and the system before that.

Ran into Max in the airport a while back, he went on and on about the DFR that he's a party to, even though he was on the NC, and even though he knows it's a loser of a lawsuit.
I never said the DFR lawsuit against ALPA is a loser. After watching our former MEC Vice Chair and fellow MC member walk around the office, talk about how stupid the TWA pilots were, and how they were never going to win their lawsuit, I stopped making predictions about lawsuits (or guaranteeing certain outcomes in arbitration).

Ironic that SWA hired one of your ALPA heroes to play hardball against labor.

If you'd read some of my previous posts about that individual, you would know that he's certainly not one of my "heroes." He was hired by Pinnacle management years ago to help them bargain against us. He's nothing more than a hired gun with no morals or ethics.

What I find incredibly ironic, though, is that SWA hired the very same guy who, when he was ALPA President, stated openly that it was one of his goals to kill the low cost carriers.

Lear70 and PCL128 will never admit they help cost the AirTran pilot group hundreds of millions of dollars and alot of beneficial fences that would have helped blunt some of the seniority list pain.

The 85% cost themselves everything. Lear70 and I had nothing to do with it. A lack of pilot group backbone did.

A pilot vote also would have removed almost all chance of ALPA getting sued for breach of DFR.

The attorneys disagreed, and you know that.

Latest resources

Back