SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Case in point.
That's not case-in-point... He accused me of being passively aggressive towards Southwest when, in point of fact, I've been pretty open about my unhappiness on many different levels. Been trying to let it go, but when something new comes out like it did today, giving you guys something of ours without reciprocating for us, it doesn't help fix that now does it?

Passive-Aggressive towards some of the idiots on this board...? That's another issue entirely. Some of you people really make it a part-time job trying to stir the pot. I have neither the patience nor the time for that.

Are you going to work with PCL_128?
I already work with PCL. Have for years. What are you trying to ask?

So is everything between AT and SWA pilots cooling down?

What you are seeing here is nothing more than keyboard tough guys talking smack and acting childish. (Me included)

I don't know if things are cooling down or not. But what I can say is that all the AAI crews I have run into have been nothing but nice and I have gone out of my way to extend the same courtesy. The vast majority of us are simply pawns in this game. What would the purpose serve for me to get mad at an AAI pilot? They didn't have any hand in this acquisition. They just fly the metal. That being the case I have no axe to grind with them at all.

So is everything between AT and SWA pilots cooling down?
If it weren't for some of the pot stirrers who attack individual people rather than the issues,,,?

Then yes, it seems to be cooling down. Most people are in the "acceptance" phase and trying to find their happy place, with varying degrees of success, sometimes varying day to day. ;)

Lear70 and PCL128 will never admit they help cost the AirTran pilot group hundreds of millions of dollars and alot of beneficial fences that would have helped blunt some of the seniority list pain. Not only did their actions cost the AirTran pilot group alot of money and QOL, but their actions also caused a DFR lawsuit that could end up costing ALPA tens of millions.

A simple pilot vote on SIA #1 would have been the proper way to poll the AirTran pilots (not having MEC reps try and do some unscientific polling through emails). A pilot vote also would have removed almost all chance of ALPA getting sued for breach of DFR.

Lear70 and PCL128 will never admit they help cost the AirTran pilot group hundreds of millions of dollars and alot of beneficial fences that would have helped blunt some of the seniority list pain. Not only did their actions cost the AirTran pilot group alot of money and QOL, but their actions also caused a DFR lawsuit that could end up costing ALPA tens of millions.

A simple pilot vote on SIA #1 would have been the proper way to poll the AirTran pilots (not having MEC reps try and do some unscientific polling through emails). A pilot vote also would have removed almost all chance of ALPA getting sued for breach of DFR.

Sad, but true. I would also point out that Gary Kelly should have never signed an agreement that he never intended to follow.

Last edited:

And the other side will never admit that threatening our jobs to vote on an SLI that they used management to ram down our throats, instead of a Real negotiated SLI or arbitration ruined a lot of our careers and cost us millions. That is the sad truth.

Latest resources

Back