• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That sounds like punishment. What will Swapa do in the upcoming negotiations? Fold like a deck of cards? They better, GK sounds like "the hammer....." You guys will probably accept a 50% paycut so you can regain true LCC status..... You had better, GK sounds like THE HAMMER....

Bye Bye---General Lee

You sure have a lot of hate

Relax, get a dog, a hobby , something

You're an idiot.

You really have NO idea what your talking about when it comes to Southwest. Please go back over the the regional board where you belong.

Hahaha! The truth hurts Red. Your description sounded like punishment. Ask the AT guys how they feel. Do you always take the first offer in any negotiation? I guess you had better when dealing with GK...... Good luck SWAPA....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You sure have a lot of hate

Relax, get a dog, a hobby , something

You are trying to obscure the situation. Many AT guys thought the treatment was very poor during the merger. Did the boss say "take it or leave it," after the first offer? No, that was after the second offer. Do you take the first offer in every negotiation if you don't think it is good? If you think it is good, you would take the offer. Sounds like the Process Agreement may have had an option for arbitration? Did it? When the boss favors one side, don't expect the others to forget that. Is that SWA hate? No, it's pointing out the obvious.

Bye Bye---General Lee

On the date of merger announcement, Southwest and AirTran averaged 134 seats per departure on their fleet of B717s and B737s. By the end of 2015 when the B717s are gone, all the B737-300s and -700s have 143 seats, and there approximately 100 B737-800s on the property, the average seats per departure will be 148 or about 10% higher than pre-merger. This will help reduce CASM considerably adding to the CASM advantage Southwest currently enjoys over the legacies.

Kelly is predicting 15% ROIC for 2013 with the merger revenues synergies finally kicking in significantly. A little too early to predict the demise of SWA General Lee. Just keep praying Delta's international yields continue to hold. Europe is a mess, Japan is too, and the US isn't far behind possible taking premium cabin yields down the toilet.

I never said there would be a SWA demise, I just stated 1/3 of the pilot group didn't appreciate the second offer, and will probably remember that. I think INTL travel for the legacies has been doing well, but DL is also reinvesting in domestic flying, taking 88 717s and recapturing DCI routes. Sounds like they are going on the offense both domestically and abroad. SWA still can't fly INTL flights because of IT problems? And, it appears Hawaii is dead for the time being. And even with the rest of the World being in recession, it appears DL has done very well due to fees. Last year ancillary revenue hit $2.5 billion for DL, and $1.1 billion for SWA. That's a lot of cash. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hahaha! The truth hurts Red. Your description sounded like punishment. Ask the AT guys how they feel. Do you always take the first offer in any negotiation? I guess you had better when dealing with GK...... Good luck SWAPA....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Good luck Swapa? What? You smoking again?

There was no punishment. I told them time and time again to be careful when trying to pin SW management into a corner. They tried and it hurt them.

SWAPA has done just fine throughout the years, DALPA hasn't. They let the plague of RJs out of the bag. They've trade large amounts of scope and codeshare for pay. SWAPA hasn't done any of that. I think SWAPA will be just fine Gen, but thanks for your unwavering concern.

Soon those AAI guys will all be making more than you. I'm sorry that hurts your ego so much. Might be time for another Xanax to ease the pain.

It's ridiculous how you try to inject yourself in a discussion about Southwest when you really don't know what your talking about...time and time again you show you ignorance.

This deal has been done for how long now, and you are still trying to beat this dead horse? How many more years are YOU going to care? 5? 10? 20?

Your losing it. Get a new schtick. Everyone is getting tired of your LBB and merger BS. If that's all you have, then quite posting on the Majors and go back to beating up your buddies on the Regional board. You're like a high school grad that keeps cruising the Regional parking lot to make sure they know your cool. But in the end, they (and everyone else) know how pathetic you really are.

Enjoy the wait for takeoff behind that very, very long line of RJs.

RF

Unfortunately your management didn't learn from the first two mergers. First of all, STAY OUT OF SLI PROCESS.

General - this is exactly what happened at US Airways. GK could not/ would not allow this.

PLus, GK was unwilling/unable to throw money at the problem. Thats what made Delta/NWA go smooth, they threw money at the problem.

So from GK perspective - he got it done for cheap and the Wonder 7 at AT helped GK find the "bad guy(s)" in all of this. Perfect storm. Thank you very much....GK

Last edited:
Soon those AAI guys will all be making more than you.

No, we won't. I know this hurts your ego, but Delta pilots make more than SWA pilots when you figure the total compensation package.

Good luck Swapa? What? You smoking again?

There was no punishment. I told them time and time again to be careful when trying to pin SW management into a corner. They tried and it hurt them.

SWAPA has done just fine throughout the years, DALPA hasn't. They let the plague of RJs out of the bag. They've trade large amounts of scope and codeshare for pay. SWAPA hasn't done any of that. I think SWAPA will be just fine Gen, but thanks for your unwavering concern.

Soon those AAI guys will all be making more than you. I'm sorry that hurts your ego so much. Might be time for another Xanax to ease the pain.

It's ridiculous how you try to inject yourself in a discussion about Southwest when you really don't know what your talking about...time and time again you show you ignorance.

This deal has been done for how long now, and you are still trying to beat this dead horse? How many more years are YOU going to care? 5? 10? 20?

Your losing it. Get a new schtick. Everyone is getting tired of your LBB and merger BS. If that's all you have, then quite posting on the Majors and go back to beating up your buddies on the Regional board. You're like a high school grad that keeps cruising the Regional parking lot to make sure they know your cool. But in the end, they (and everyone else) know how pathetic you really are.

Enjoy the wait for takeoff behind that very, very long line of RJs.

RF

First off, note the time stamp... It's 119am here in ATL. I've always been a night owl, and that helps me do ATL--Europe allnight. I'm very used to it. I was also on the grassy knoll in Dallas!

Second, wow Red, you are so far off on your stuff. Are you sure you're not flying an old 737-200 without an FMC to LBB? You're lost!

As far as the AT guys making more than us, unfortunately they won't be, especially if they and you guys take a hit in upcoming negotiations. This is from your negotiators:

SWAPA's "Negotiating Point" - Jan 2013: Some interesting quotes:

SWAPA pilots still produce more flight hours per pilot per year than any other pilot group.

The pilot contracts that have been signed recently or are currently being negotiated will put network carriers back on top in terms of pilot costs per hour in the near future.

Contracts at United and Delta will provide their pilots with larger “effective compensation” starting in 2014, in part because much of their retirement contributions will be provided directly from the parent company and not require matching contributions from the pilot.

When broken down into “cash compensation” and “effective compensation,” both Delta and United will surpass SWA by 2015 in both categories. (Delta will equal SWA in 2013 and surpass us in 2014.)

So, I doubt it.

I post on several boards on FI because I enjoy the whole industry. You may not understand a lot of it, obviously, but I enjoy all parts of this industry. And, thanks to Dalpa and the new contract, we will have 200+ extra RJs off the taxiways for good, and 88 new 717s instead. So, it's more likely that I'll be following one of them, flying off to a city one of our Connection carriers used to fly to, and now mainline does. That's fantastic.

And I know why you don't like the merger discussion, it brings up things that many of you want to forget.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back