• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa To Slow Acft Deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, its probably just your lousy flying skills! After all, you did have to PAY to get your job! And really.....How could you have afforded it if you didn't live with your mom still!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I had to dip into the Family trust fund, cus Dad is a Delta Air Lines Pilot and they were cutting his pay, canceling his pension and cutting benefits.

I actually had to buy a ticket to get down for my type rating since Delta was cutting out so many flights or out sourcing them to Comair or ASA. It was impossible to "non-rev", of course I had to go east to ATL until I could fly west, that was a lot of fun.

One Delta guy complaining about the type rating issue. It pays for itself. If you have a problem with it, that is okay you are intitled to your opinion.

I can say though, from my opinion, do what makes you happy. If you are happy at Delta good. I am happy at SWA, I paid for my type and wanted to be here. If it is just a job then get off the message board and have another beer and relax. Right now SWA is still a great place to be, let me enjoy it will ya.

I had to dip into the Family trust fund, cus Dad is a Delta Air Lines Pilot and they were cutting his pay, canceling his pension and cutting benefits.

I actually had to buy a ticket to get down for my type rating since Delta was cutting out so many flights or out sourcing them to Comair or ASA. It was impossible to "non-rev", of course I had to go east to ATL until I could fly west, that was a lot of fun.

Touche:D

I interviewed last month. I somehow bet this doesn't increase my odds of getting a phone call.

Actually, this has nothing to do with your getting a phone call or not.

However, if you did intervew well....you WILL get the phone call

If you did not interview well...you'll get the letter

Actually, this has nothing to do with your getting a phone call or not.

However, if you did intervew well....you WILL get the phone call

If you did not interview well...you'll get the letter

I hope your right. They did some background work on me after the fact. Nothing to do now but wait and hope. The hoping is easy. The waiting is much harder.

And see, so living at home in that trailer made you save a lot of money to BUY that job of yours! Its the only way you could probably get hired at a mjor airline!
It was the only way to compete, by lowering our standards and prices to the competition!

And see, so living at home in that trailer made you save a lot of money to BUY that job of yours! Its the only way you could probably get hired at a mjor airline!

Yeah, its tough buying anything decent on Delta's pay, unless you want to live in ATL.

I just showed up to Southwest Airlines and flashed them my check for 7500.00 and they let me in. They told me not to tell anybody about it. You know what? Southwest paid me from day 1, paid for my hotel in training....

see I didn't have to rent a trailer in ATL and wait until I passed my checkride like you did.

I also got my medical bennies from day 1. Can Delta do that? Nope~

Don't tell him that you can make $75,000.00 in your first year at SWA. And thats AFTER the type is paid for!

Shhhh......

So was that the *big* announcement that was to accompany the 500th airplane party? That SWA will have to start paying a LOT more attention to the bottom line?

Was hoping for something a little more spectacular, like, "Southwest buys Virgin Galactic from Richard Branson, agrees to hire only Scandinavian, Icelanding, and hot Eastern Block European chicks under 30 with normal European weight restrictions for all Southwest operations."

But that's just me... ;)

Latest resources

Back