• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa To Slow Acft Deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also this is slowing down 2008.........lots can happen for the rest of this year.

but let's face it. the fuel cost argument is a weak one. it's very simple. fuel goes up: ticket prices parallel the cost increase. airlines make money. all is well. even Southwest has to play the fuel game with the hedges tapering off in the near future.

Southwest raised ticket prices six times last year, which boosted its average fare by 11.4%, nearly double the pace of the prior year. When Southwest reported first-quarter results in April, however, Mr. Kelly indicated he had begun to see evidence that passengers are starting to resist fare increases. The airline's "unit revenue" -- revenue per seat, per mile flown -- didn't keep pace with the increase in unit costs.

Time for the other airlines to "put up". I don't ever want to hear of an airline that loses money quarter after quarter without raising fares. If this affects Southwest then every pilot out there might as well get used to their "new" wages.

Canyon,

You want a two day PM on 7/23??? Pays 14.5

One thing people don't seem to be seeing is that the announcement said we'd net 19 aircraft next year instead of the original 34. There is no mention of "slowing delivery" of aircraft. I imagine that rather than decreasing deliveries of new (and more economical) -700s, we begin a program of retirement of older -300s and -500s instead. We're going to begin the whole RNP process soon. Why not start by getting rid of some of the airplanes that aren't RNP ready (or even capable in the case of the -500s)?

Hummm....Sounds like you got through upgrade OK...Congrats..

Not yet, I'm thinking they are going to hold me back for attitude problems.

Latest resources

Back