• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa To Slow Acft Deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah this is very smart and will help all of us the long run, every bodies domestic yields are starting to fall so they have to find ways to get revenue up and slowing growth helps this. We did this at CAL by retiring 14-15 737's next year but we are still getting 30 800-900's which allows us to not drop to much capacity by replacing smaller 737 with larger ones. Any time LCC's try to raise revenue helps the whole industry

It could be my fault

I interviewed last month. I somehow bet this doesn't increase my odds of getting a phone call.

Clouds over the place???

Looks to me like GK put the company on a new course to stay out of the rainshowers to me. I'd much rather he do what he did than just keep on trucking with a plan that isn't generating the revenue we're used to.

aircraft deliveries are slowing down...but the free Kool-Aid remains in plentiful supply!

sorry. i just had to. i keed, i keed.

fares going up is good for all. it seems all the airlines are tempering their growth in an effort to stay in the black. probably wise.

but let's face it. the fuel cost argument is a weak one. it's very simple. fuel goes up: ticket prices parallel the cost increase. airlines make money. all is well. even Southwest has to play the fuel game with the hedges tapering off in the near future.

now it's up to all of us to get our money back. our costs go up with inflation and stolen wages post-9/11. time to get it back. put it in the ticket price. the travelling public will still show up in droves and gripe about a 5 minute delay while threatening to sue the entire airline.

me thinks the good 'ol days are far behind us from a nostalgic perspective. but there's no reason we all shouldn't make good money with a good retirement.

thread drift?

Not great news, but I imagine there are a dozen airlines that would like to "only" get 19 brand new planes next year.

I'd love to get 19 brand new Boeings. At my airline they are only gonna replace, at best, with pansie Airbuses. Even your "bad" news is better than most folks good news these days.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back