SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are missing the point I think.

If SWA goes to Europe why do you think it would be in a 737 with no IFE out of ISP or LBB?

ISP's 737 International service will probably be limited to Canada, Mexico and the Islands.

True..

I understand, and it is not up to me anyway. Who knows if this would ever play out anyway. I really don't know of any case where a non union entity made something enforceable for a ratio at a new company. Sounds murky to me. I don't think it would hold up honestly. But, you never know. And, if it did happen, you would not be a junior MD88 FO for 5 years. We would probably expand a lot, and there would be fences and growth. This is all an exercise in speculation, which I enjoy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It sounds murky to me also. The only thing that has me wondering is that there has never been a non-union airline that has had a legal agreement between the individual pilot and company that was signed and binding like we do at JetBlue. This clause is in that agreement that is signed by both parties. If one party being JetBlue management says they will sell to Delta and one condition of the sale is all the agreements between us and our pilots will be honored, they will have to honor it according to our lawyers. Neeleman has said that this agreement will be honored in the event of a sale and being the guy he is, I tend to believe him. This type of merger protection has never been seen in this industry and it looks at face value to be better than any I have seen. However, you never know until it happens and all the lawyers get done with the deal. On a side note, I'm still working the contacts at DAL and would probably come on over if they ever hire me. I'm not sure if they will ever hire any B6 guys, but I would love to live in SLC and not commute. I'd take my chances at the bottom of the Delta list so that shows how much I think any of this will actually happen. However, crazier things have happned so it's good to think about it a little.

Which is farther than you think!

Give me some examples. (full of pax, with fuel reserves going to stormy England or Ireland, taking off on that 7006 ft runway). A BBJ can do it with 10 super rich pax, and Private Air can do it from EWR with 50 pax.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It sounds murky to me also. The only thing that has me wondering is that there has never been a non-union airline that has had a legal agreement between the individual pilot and company that was signed and binding like we do at JetBlue. This clause is in that agreement that is signed by both parties. If one party being JetBlue management says they will sell to Delta and one condition of the sale is all the agreements between us and our pilots will be honored, they will have to honor it according to our lawyers. Neeleman has said that this agreement will be honored in the event of a sale and being the guy he is, I tend to believe him. This type of merger protection has never been seen in this industry and it looks at face value to be better than any I have seen. However, you never know until it happens and all the lawyers get done with the deal. On a side note, I'm still working the contacts at DAL and would probably come on over if they ever hire me. I'm not sure if they will ever hire any B6 guys, but I would love to live in SLC and not commute. I'd take my chances at the bottom of the Delta list so that shows how much I think any of this will actually happen. However, crazier things have happned so it's good to think about it a little.

Sounds like a good plan. We are hiring now, and we will probably announce even more hiring soon. The MD90 in SLC is not very senior, and the 738 and 757/767 are not too tough to get after a couple years. We will be announcing a lot of new routes and a large aircraft order very soon (upon exit of BK around May 1st--expect a 787 order for 28-30 units, and 100 options--with arrivals starting in 2008 (we have had a phantom order with a lessor for the last couple of years)). We also may have a 100 seat order (they have been saying that for awhile), and more 737-700s and 777s are also on the way. We are coming out of BK a lot leaner ($7.5 billion in debt, down from $17 billion, while United still has $19 billion in debt), and could be worth $10 billion. It will be interesting to see what happens, but coming over here could be a good thing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Did you go to Europe from there? We carry 162,400lbs of FUEL on our 767-300ERs to Europe. See, you are missing the point. A 737-700 or BBJ could probably make it to Europe, but at reduced pax and a lot of runway. Private Air does that, with about 50 pax and EWR's or IAH's long runways. I bet you and Gary Kelly could fly to RIO in that plane too, if it were the two of you and one stew....

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you had to throw in how much fuel that thing carries? Neat-o-mosquito. Is your ego back to normal levels now? Many a/c carry wayyy more than that....but I'm sure your neighbors are impressed.

What's next.....the potable water tank size?

So you had to throw in how much fuel that thing carries? Neat-o-mosquito. Is your ego back to normal levels now? Many a/c carry wayyy more than that....but I'm sure your neighbors are impressed.

What's next.....the potable water tank size?

40 gallons I think. I use 20 of that each trip, lots of bowl movements.

Anything else you want to know? We are hiring lav dumpers if you want to get to know that system better.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Give me some examples. (full of pax, with fuel reserves going to stormy England or Ireland, taking off on that 7006 ft runway). A BBJ can do it with 10 super rich pax, and Private Air can do it from EWR with 50 pax.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't have any :( but i'm sure you know that the 737-700 isn't your daddy's 73.

A few examples of were we fly it are ISP-LAS, PVD-LAS, MHT-LAS, PHL-OAK, BWI-SAN, PHL-LAX. We also operate it out of MDW to the west coast at max gross of 154K on a 6000ft rwy. Other carriers use it from SAN, SNA, and OAK to Hawaii.

A previous post mentioned the -700ER model which has nice range.

Will it fly ISP-LGW, full pax with reserves? NO!!

My point is that when someone put ones of these in their posts :D they are usually just joking. No need to continue to beat a dead horse.

Have fun flying your 767's and I'll enjoy my little -700, even if it can't make it to Europe. :D

Anything else you want to know?

Bye Bye--General Lee

how's Lagos?[/quote]

We start Lagos later this year, in December I believe. We do go from ATL to Dakar, Senegal and onto Johanesburg, and we fly from JFK to Accra, Ghana. If we pick up to 777LRs that Air India may not be able to take in the next month or so, we may shift the 767-300ER from Dakar/Joberg to JFK--Dakar--Nairobi, and do a 777LR nonstop to Joberg from ATL. Lot's of exciting things going on here. Thankfully if I were doing the INTL stuff on the 767ER (not yet), I probably wouldn't have to go to Lagos, but I might try it once to say that I did it.

How's Dayton treating you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back