• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However, if you want to be able to have imput as to how your career is going to change..and it will change... then it is time to get involved....

In order to do that though you are going to have to adopt a strategy different then the one of entrenchment that labor has practiced for years. Using the same tactic for 40yrs which has never been successful and thinking it is going to save aviation jobs, well ask a textile worker in the Carolina's what the end result to your plan is going to be.

Your right, I guess I should have said 330's. If B6 jumps into the mix it will be with 330's. The new terminal is designed to accomodate widebodies though some think it is only a 320 terminal. I don't think JetBlue will do this anytime soon, but if everyone else starts doing it, they might just jump in. If they do, they are set up to do better than any of the other LCC's in the U.S. Like I said, I think JetBlue could fill lots of airplanes to a number of cities in Europe from JFK.

When we told you guys about the possibility that DL would maybe buy you guys for the new terminal, everyone said there was a "poison pill" in the terminal design not allowing widebodies. We said that was a bunch of crock then, and now you confirmed it. Thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Si'. dba COEX

According to the April Latin America OAG---Expressjet flies 50 flights per day from IAH to Mexico, and 1 daily flight from McAllen to Mexico City. The LAX flights to Leon etc are right now only Sun morning (1230am local) flights, so they are not daily.

Here are the flights from IAH to Mexico for you:
ACA--1 daily, Aguascalientes--2 daily, Chihuahua--2 daily, Ciudad Del Carmen--1 daily, GDL--5 daily, Huatulco--5 weekly, Ixtapa--2 daily, Leon--4 daily, Los Cabos--2 daily, Manzanillo---5 weekly, Mazatlan--2 daily, Mexico City--4 daily, Toluca--1 daily, Monclova--5 weekly, Monterrey--6 daily, Morelia--1 daily, Oaxaca--3 weekly, Puebla--1 daily, PVR--3 daily, Queretaro--1 daily, Saltilo--1 daily, San Luis Potsi--2 daily, Tampico--1 daily, Torreon--2 daily, Veracruz---1 daily, Villahermosa--1 daily.

Add 1 daily flight McAllen to Mexico City, and you have a grand total of: 51 flghts. I would have to think that Mexicana has more than 51 total flights within Mexico, epecially since it has flights out of GDL to all over Mexico and LAX, ORD, etc. Then add Mexico City and all of their flights, along with their low cost Click. I think you may be wrong.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Mexicana has 25 flights a day out of GDL alone (MEX, TIJ, LAX, SJC, OAK, ORD, SFO etc), and I have counted 91 Mexicana flights daily from Mexico City, not including another 40 or so on Click Fokker 100s. AeroMexico has more flights, but Mexicana/Click has many more flights than Coex (expressjet) in Mexico. I could list the cities and frequencies if you want....

Bye Bye--General Lee

CAUTION: "Morons At Play"

Many of you ( G. L. ) should be Euthanized ( A Big Word ) so that you don't Procreate ( Another BIg Word ).

Love,

YKW

Hey, you only wish you could prove a point. You sound like someone who picks a fight in an argument when you know you are wrong or "can't think straight..." You are the moron, and I am right. Some people can get away with making outlandish statements and get away with it, primarily because others are lazy. You sound lazy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
When we told you guys about the possibility that DL would maybe buy you guys for the new terminal, everyone said there was a "poison pill" in the terminal design not allowing widebodies. We said that was a bunch of crock then, and now you confirmed it. Thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The Port Authority is paying for most of the terminal. There is no way they would build a terminal that big that could only accomodate 320's and 190's. I have never read or heard anything other than people on this site say that it cannot accomodate widebodies. I did read an article when the terminal was first announced that said it would be able to accomodate all aircraft types except the 380. I can't seem to find that article for reference since it was over a year ago. "Poison Pill" seems to be the latest buzz word going around B6. The latest "Poison Pill" rumor is that if someone buys us and we are not ratioed into the aquiring airline via relative seniority in seat of like aircraft, that the acquiring airline will be required to pay us 5 years pay based on the previous year's W-2. That would give most Captains about 750K and most FO's about 300K. If that were the case, I want Delta to buy us and NOT ratio us in. I'd take a couple thousand and hit the street running. Apparently, David and the crowd would make it a condition of the sale that must be honored. I'm not sure how something like that would hold up in a court.

The Port Authority is paying for most of the terminal. There is no way they would build a terminal that big that could only accomodate 320's and 190's. I have never read or heard anything other than people on this site say that it cannot accomodate widebodies. I did read an article when the terminal was first announced that said it would be able to accomodate all aircraft types except the 380. I can't seem to find that article for reference since it was over a year ago. "Poison Pill" seems to be the latest buzz word going around B6. The latest "Poison Pill" rumor is that if someone buys us and we are not ratioed into the aquiring airline via relative seniority in seat of like aircraft, that the acquiring airline will be required to pay us 5 years pay based on the previous year's W-2. That would give most Captains about 750K and most FO's about 300K. If that were the case, I want Delta to buy us and NOT ratio us in. I'd take a couple thousand and hit the street running. Apparently, David and the crowd would make it a condition of the sale that must be honored. I'm not sure how something like that would hold up in a court.

I didn't say you said that about the gate size, but some of the other JB guys did, and I always responded that it could be changed on the golf course (while talking with the teamsters.....). No, it wouldn't make sense, because if for some reason you guys liquidated (a crash etc), then the Port Authority would be stuck with a new terminal without widebody gates. Anyway, it would make sense for you guys to get A330s and maybe start some European service, since you do have good feed at JFK. As far as an aquirer having to pay each of your pilots money, I doubt anyone would agree to that, and Dave Neeleman would sell you out if he had to. I am not saying he will, but if it were in his best interests for some reason, he would do it and move back to SLC and hide in the mountains.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back