• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you go to Europe from there? We carry 162,400lbs of FUEL on our 767-300ERs to Europe. See, you are missing the point. A 737-700 or BBJ could probably make it to Europe, but at reduced pax and a lot of runway. Private Air does that, with about 50 pax and EWR's or IAH's long runways. I bet you and Gary Kelly could fly to RIO in that plane too, if it were the two of you and one stew....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Full 737-700's takeoff out of SNA on their 5500ft rwy everyday to Hawaii. I'm sure the rwy in ISP would need to be extended, but it's not as far fetched as it may seem to be.

Did you go to Europe from there? We carry 162,400lbs of FUEL on our 767-300ERs to Europe. See, you are missing the point. A 737-700 or BBJ could probably make it to Europe, but at reduced pax and a lot of runway. Private Air does that, with about 50 pax and EWR's or IAH's long runways. I bet you and Gary Kelly could fly to RIO in that plane too, if it were the two of you and one stew....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Man, you are so out of touch with reality you need to take a year off from this website. It's pretty sad to read some of your post actually, as most of us see a far more pathetic person. This thread is about SWA to England, go find a Delta thread to relieve yourself on. You are a sad little man.

I'll be back after my 13 legs today, flying my 737, the only plane I will fly the rest of my life.........You're a sick bastard.

SWA can not win in Europe

It will be fun watching SWA challenge a state funded European airline. Did you know those private European carriers are backed by the countries they are based in?

It doesn't matter how much gas SWA has hedged when Air France starts a fare war. Do you SWA pilots speak French?

SWA is going to be just like Ricky Bobby in Talledage Nights running across the finish line in yellow and brown underwear screaming bloody murder. And the yellow and brown I am describing is not going to be paint. ha ha

Man, you are so out of touch with reality you need to take a year off from this website. It's pretty sad to read some of your post actually, as most of us see a far more pathetic person. This thread is about SWA to England, go find a Delta thread to relieve yourself on. You are a sad little man.

I'll be back after my 13 legs today, flying my 737, the only plane I will fly the rest of my life.........You're a sick bastard.

Nah, I really enjoy making you angry. I enjoy this board, and if you don't I suggest you leave. Have fun Mr Corndog.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Full 737-700's takeoff out of SNA on their 5500ft rwy everyday to Hawaii. I'm sure the rwy in ISP would need to be extended, but it's not as far fetched as it may seem to be.

Sure, just like SNA's runway will be extended for 787 service.....not.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And in the late 90's who would have thought that JetBlue could get the slots they have now in JFK. I think airlines will find slots if they want slots. Delta just seemed to have found a couple slots in Heathrow didn't they? You never know General, you never know. I kinda think that if passengers have a choice of going into Heathrow for $1000 or Stansted for $199, they'll go to Stansted also. I think JetBlue could fill a 320 or two out of JFK with $199 fares to cities in Europe. You do have to admit that this is one of the biggest changes to hit our industry since deregulation, and I think it will have just as big of an impact a few years down the road.

Very well put. This is going to be a change for the Europe airline crowd. Most folks don't like Heathrow anyway. How do I know, got some family over there.

Anybody who has read what Mike O'Leary says knows what a windbag he is. Do a search and see what he says about pilots.

There is simply no way any carrier can make money shuttling people across the Atlantic for $14, nor $24, $34, or $44. The article is another gimmick of media manipulation by this man.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OK, you've lost it. You said we couldn't takeoff from ISP fully loaded, I proved we could and do, daily. Getting to Europe nonstop? Nope, One fuel stop? You bet, and now your worried, just like your management, because we COULD do it.

General Lee, swan song... Your sounding more and more like the SWA/FO, good luck with that.

Last edited:
Why no quotes from SWA/JB marketing departments? Because the articles reference to those carriers' "interest" in flying to Europe is pure speculation with no basis.

There is simply no way any carrier can make money shuttling people across the Atlantic for $14, nor $24, $34, or $44. The article is another gimmick of media manipulation by this man.

They don't, they sell one seat for 7 lbs, then anotehr at 20, then the next at 50, and keep raising the bar keeping the buckets full. Day of flight will probably be around 400-600 bones to fly across the pond.

The 7 lb fare gets the buzz going ...

Latest resources

Back