SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Boeing 737-700ER

The 737-700ER (Extended Range) is an increased gross weight version of the 737-700. Launched Jan. 31, 2006, with an order conversion for two airplanes from ANA (All Nippon Airways), the 737-700ER has the longest range capability of any commercial 737 family member. Aerodynamic and structural changes initially made for the Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) allow the 737-700ER to profitably serve nonstop, long-range point-to-point routes. Entry into service is scheduled for early 2007.

Major Changes
  • The wings and landing gear of the 737-800
  • Wing and body strengthening changes
  • Up to nine optional auxiliary fuel tanks
  • Optional Blended Winglets
Benefits
  • Flies up to 2,145 nautical miles farther than a 737-700
  • Capable of trans-oceanic flights with the maximum range of 5,510 nautical miles (10,200 km)
  • Maximum takeoff weight increased by 16,500 lb (7,485 kg)

And there is nothing more amusing than seeing an inbred-looking British family in Orlando in July. They are absolutely burnt to a crisp, look completely shell-shocked (they have never experienced heat and humidity like this before) and tend to have the "white trash" Cockney accent in abundance.

By contrast the Brazilians look great and are very gracious.

See, we Yanks can insult the Brits as eagerly as they can us. Now let's all hold hands and lift a pint together.

Now that's funny and usually my counter to the Yank bashing. It's always in good fun though. I'd like to see some of Yorkshire's finest meet up in a bar/pub with Mississippi folk. My god that would be surreal. I shudder when I think about Ryanair dumping a plane load of that type in NYC in August.

Yeah the only thing you will have to worry about is pilot less aircraft, seeing how the boxes don't mind as much as the PAX!!!

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I just don't see this happening any time soon. Trains, as far simpler as they are to operate, still have engineers up front, even on the freight trains. When trains start being totally automated then I could see passenger and freight airplanes following about 10-15 years later.

The Boeing 737-700ER

The 737-700ER (Extended Range) is an increased gross weight version of the 737-700. Launched Jan. 31, 2006, with an order conversion for two airplanes from ANA (All Nippon Airways), the 737-700ER has the longest range capability of any commercial 737 family member. Aerodynamic and structural changes initially made for the Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) allow the 737-700ER to profitably serve nonstop, long-range point-to-point routes. Entry into service is scheduled for early 2007.

Major Changes
  • The wings and landing gear of the 737-800
  • Wing and body strengthening changes
  • Up to nine optional auxiliary fuel tanks
  • Optional Blended Winglets
Benefits
  • Flies up to 2,145 nautical miles farther than a 737-700
  • Capable of trans-oceanic flights with the maximum range of 5,510 nautical miles (10,200 km)
  • Maximum takeoff weight increased by 16,500 lb (7,485 kg)

Thanks. Private Air flies a 737-700 from EWR to Munich nonstop for Lufthansa, and one for KLM from IAH to Amsterdam. You are right. But, they fly them from airports with LONG runways, and they only carry 50 passengers (special config for ultra first class passengers paying over $5000 each way). So, does that fit anything Southwest does? Nope. Long runways and fewer passengers. The article also says ATA may do the flying for you anyway. Hey, LBB aint that bad.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey, LBB aint that bad.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You're right, Texas Tech girls aren't too bad. Learn a little about the USA and you won't come off as stupid as you appear.

ISP's longest runway is 7006 ft long (6/24). Not even close to get a full 737-700 or anything else off the ground towards Europe full with reserves. Nah.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess the last takeoff I did out of MDW at max gross of 154K using a 6000' runway doesn't count...

You're right, Texas Tech girls aren't too bad. Learn a little about the USA and you won't come off as stupid as you appear.

You seem more like a lover of Bobby Knight than a lover of tech girls.....And, I have been to LBB (once thank gawd), and didn't care for it. I have seen the USA plenty, and now have the opportunity to see the world, on Delta's dime. You can do it too, on yours. Stupid is as stupid does, cuz.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess the last takeoff I did out of MDW at max gross of 154K using a 6000' runway doesn't count...

Did you go to Europe from there? We carry 162,400lbs of FUEL on our 767-300ERs to Europe. See, you are missing the point. A 737-700 or BBJ could probably make it to Europe, but at reduced pax and a lot of runway. Private Air does that, with about 50 pax and EWR's or IAH's long runways. I bet you and Gary Kelly could fly to RIO in that plane too, if it were the two of you and one stew....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Nah, the foreign airlines still lack the facilities at the major airports here in the States. They lack slots and gates. Sure, now they have a few, but there just isn't any room at most airports for huge expansion. Bye Bye--General Lee

And in the late 90's who would have thought that JetBlue could get the slots they have now in JFK. I think airlines will find slots if they want slots. Delta just seemed to have found a couple slots in Heathrow didn't they? You never know General, you never know. I kinda think that if passengers have a choice of going into Heathrow for $1000 or Stansted for $199, they'll go to Stansted also. I think JetBlue could fill a 320 or two out of JFK with $199 fares to cities in Europe. You do have to admit that this is one of the biggest changes to hit our industry since deregulation, and I think it will have just as big of an impact a few years down the road.

And in the late 90's who would have thought that JetBlue could get the slots they have now in JFK. I think airlines will find slots if they want slots. Delta just seemed to have found a couple slots in Heathrow didn't they? You never know General, you never know. I kinda think that if passengers have a choice of going into Heathrow for $1000 or Stansted for $199, they'll go to Stansted also. I think JetBlue could fill a 320 or two out of JFK with $199 fares to cities in Europe. You do have to admit that this is one of the biggest changes to hit our industry since deregulation, and I think it will have just as big of an impact a few years down the road.

Except a A320 is not going to make it from JFK to Europe. :)

What are you kidding me, really, NOT even close.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back