• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well my two cents worth......Im starting to get mad. I did not want to vote no but I had to! There are too many loopholes to let this go thru! Ive been thru crappy contract talks before and ive even been on strike and it sucks but I quess it was necessary. Im very glad to be here but this is too far!

With that being said, Im about to make some more people mad.....

If we furlough anyone up to the number of age 65 guys that were supposed to be gone I will personally start a petition to make sure that we take care of the furloughed guys. This is what I think....ALL of the age 65 people should pay to make sure the furloughed pilots at least have insurance. That should happen untill the number of furloughs matches the number of guys that were supposed to retire. Once that number is met, Id gladly pay a little more to take care of the junior guys. That is the reason we will furlough and not the contract.

I think mr Em...ns and the apaad said that age 65 was the "right thing to do" and it was not a money or greed thing. Well, this is the right thing to do since you are the reason we MAY furlough and we are overstaffed....and that does not apply to only this airline! The contract will not be the only reason we fulough. I voted no because im trying to keep Southwest as Southwest...not some piece of c@%p alliance that never works. IF you voted yes that is your decision and I respect that. I wont bash you or call you out so dont do the same to me.

Sorry for the bad spelling but I am a little slow but very mad!

Really? So how does banning UFlyMikes and buying thousands of crappy Telex headsets relate to costs and revenue? Why are they authorized at other carriers but not at SWA?

Why did the company let Flight Ops continue to hire pilots when they knew the flight schedule and deliveries were going to be reduced. Is it so they could use them as hostages during negotiations?

Quite correct Cobra. Of course dudes like Mach 80something who helped create the LUV and all will disagree, but things have changed around here.

I also got a laugh out of his absolute of "cost or revenue" Wonder if he thinks that applies to our procedures? Wonder how all of our time taxiing around on two engines helps with either of those two things?

Just a dumbass FO here though - what do I know? Can't even tell when that loc/gs thingy is movin either. Glad the cappy has that one. Savin' some dough for the annual profit share. Yes sir :beer:

So I guess it's time to start burning the place down and become like every other major airline out there eh?

SLC
:cool:

Absolutely...since that is in our best long term interest.

Noone is interested in burning the place down. Since this TA will cost the company $400 million plus, voting it down will actually save the company money. A vote for this TA will only hurt the company's bottom line and adversely impact it's long term prosperity. According to the SWAPA/SWA gains handout, this TA is grossly unfair to the company. I'm all for a 6% pay raise, lance program cut in half or less, severely restricted ELITT, and cracking open Pandora's codeshare box, but not if it's going to negatively affect the company's bottom line. You can burn the place down if you want to, but I'm voting no.

Absolutely...since that is in our best long term interest.

Noone is interested in burning the place down. Since this TA will cost the company $400 million plus, voting it down will actually save the company money. A vote for this TA will only hurt the company's bottom line and adversely impact it's long term prosperity. According to the SWAPA/SWA gains handout, this TA is grossly unfair to the company. I'm all for a 6% pay raise, lance program cut in half or less, severely restricted ELITT, and cracking open Pandora's codeshare box, but not if it's going to negatively affect the company's bottom line. You can burn the place down if you want to, but I'm voting no.

So I guess by that logic you'll be voting down every TA or contract that is not concessionary in nature, since you don't want to cost the company any money.
BTW this TA isn't cracking open Pandora's codeshare box, it's already open. It's called SL32, we allowed it to happen and with no restrictions.

I would never consider burning the place down as I've seen that side of the fence so I'm not interested in that, sorry.

SLC
:cool:

On FO side, they have a few trips on xtrafly and VJA. The reserves are flying their a$$ off. I don't know why people keep saying that the company overstffed pilots.

Voted No.

I've noticed that most pilots in the "Vote No" crowd have read the actual contract and are much more passionate about their position.

I bet know one here has seen a "Vote Yes" sticker. Most people voting yes have only read the SWAPAganda Executive summary, and the SWAPA gains piece. It's much easier to be apathetic and told how to vote by your union BOD.

I'm all for a 6% pay raise,

Lets be clear here...it is a 6% rate increase not a pay raise, with all the scheduling restrictions that will be put in place with this terd.

And lets not forget the "new fangled, untested text message" scheduling that was pushed into this TA.

Why? Because the schedulers don't like making phone calls? YGBSM !!!

Wilbur and Orville flipped a coin to see who would fly first...and we have evolved to .....this?

The QOL issues we gave up stink but our current codeshare language also stinks. If it doesn't pass it'll be at least a year before we see anything new. Until that time GK will do whatever it takes to gain revenue. Codesharing with anyone and everyone. Ya think SL32 matters? It doesn't. If they violate it we can file a protest and sometime somewhere there will be a hearing and a possible compromise.

For you guys who have never been through a contract negotiations before you are in for a rude awakeing if this doesn't pass. Our pilots will not strike or have AA like actions against the company. Therefore nothing will be gained but pain.

Herb isn't here anymore and GK doesn't care about you or what you think.

Good luck.

Voted Yes. Read every line of the TA.

Last edited:
I read the contract. I voted no. Any pilot who read it thru, would vote no. If you don't read it, have you ever seen so much negativity over any one thing at your SWA career? That in itself should get you thinking this is not good for us.

Latest resources

Back