SWA TA Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3% of % $30 is 90 cents.

2% of $173 is $3.46. That extra 1% equites to a lot more money to SWA. I can live with it.

Near I'ntl; It IS restricted and besides, I can live with it. SWA wouldn't be doing those routes anyway anytime in the next several years and the incremental revenue help us otherwise.

Purchase and code share -- can't be expanded beyond what they were already doing.

ELITT -- very small decrease. I love the "decreased flexibility" line you guys throw around. Why don't you just say it -- "I want out of my weekend flying". Too many trips were being dumped into the weekends resulting in a problem for scheduling. One reason I came to SWA was due to their efficiency-- doing unnecessary and easily correctable JA on weekends doens't fit the mold. No problem for me.

What was the purpose of Lances and does it exist anymore? The answer - rapid growth, and no. They are on the F/O seniority list, not the Captain list. Extra and unecessary training costs to keep them current for a purpose that has died out.

Mach adjustment was traded for the 5 minute thing instead of 12. A fair trade-off.

Loss of cancellation pay is a total falsehood and misconstruement of the TA. ...was explained several times in SWAPA explanations, but please DO continue to mislead everyone anyway.

9 -day CAP of Lance pick-up: No wonder...some guys flying so much Captain that they are screwing up F/O dutes from a lack of F/O duites.

BTW, only 196 Lance Captains out of 5900 pilots, so...big deal anyway. The company wanted too much that would have harmed the rest of the piulots too much if SWAPA wanted the Lance program saved.

Everything else -- no big deal and not as bad as some make it out.

If you are not a SWA pilot -- know that there is another side of the story the guys who live on the internet don't want you to know.

Last edited:
3% of % $30 is 90 cents.

2% of $173 is $3.46. That extra 1% equites to a lot more money to SWA. I can live with it.

Near I'ntl; It IS restricted and besides, I can live with it. SWA wouldn't be doing those routes anyway anytime in the next several years and the incremental revenue help us otherwise.

Purchase and code share -- can't be expanded beyond what they were already doing.

ELITT -- very small decrease. I love the "decreased flexibility" line you guys throw around. Why don't you just say it -- "I want out of my weekend flying". Too many trips were being dumped into the weekends resulting in a problem for scheduling. One reason I came to SWA was due to their efficiency-- doing unnecessary and easily correctable JA on weekends doens't fit the mold. No problem for me.

What was the purpose of Lances and does it exist anymore? The answer - rapid growth, and no. They are on the F/O seniority list, not the Captain list. Extra and unecessary training costs to keep them current for a purpose that has died out.

Mach adjustment was traded for the 5 minute thing instead of 12. A fair trade-off.

Loss of cancellation pay is a total falsehood and misconstruement of the TA. ...was explained several times in SWAPA explanations, but please DO continue to mislead everyone anyway.

9 -day CAP of Lance pick-up: No wonder...some guys flying so much Captain that they are screwing up F/O dutes from a lack of F/O duites.

BTW, only 196 Lance Captains out of 5900 pilots, so...big deal anyway. The company wanted too much that would have harmed the rest of the piulots too much if SWAPA wanted the Lance program saved.

If you are not a SWA pilot -- know that there is another side of the story the guys who live on the internet don't want you to know.

1. You shouldn't HAVE to live with a 33% smaller raise than our SWA peers.

2. How do you know SWA wouldn't want to fly to Mexico or Canada "for several more years?"

3. I fly weekends now. It's not that I want out but there is no reason to give away flexibility.

4. Lances - you say "extra costs" - They get to take 2 checkrides a year still and how much will it cost to re-upgrade those that choose to let go of captain ability?

5. Mach adjustment for 5 minute overfly? Why trade?

6. We absofrigginlutely lost cancellation pay. Under todays contract you get reroute and cancelled pay. The TA gives you the higher of, not both.

7. You say guys are screwing up FO duties because they only fly captain? How about requiring a multi day paring a month in seat instead of limiting how proficient they can be in the left seat? Can you say "senior boys are whining about little ole FO's stealing their flying?"

8. Lances - you say "big deal" - I say it's just plane wrong to screw our coworkers like that. It's just not the right thing to do.

I like how you say everything else is no big deal and not as bad as it's made out to be. Add it up Mach. The load gets pretty heavy.

Batter up,
Gup

A no vote won't kill the Golden Goose. Let's send this thing back so we can squeeze some more eggs out of the old girl!!

3% of % $30 is 90 cents.

With friends like you who the hell needs enemies! :eek: Let me guess, you would also pick up open time trips if we had guys or gals on furlough because after all whats the big deal. I'll also bet my strip club allowance this weekend you would cross a picket line too. BTW I'm not a Lance.

Reality. As you grow up you will embrace it.

BTW, I wouldn't pick up open time if pilots were on furlough and I wouldn't cross a picket line. This TA wasn't created by SWA alone to be shoved down SWA pilot's throats. It was a dual effort and one of the two parties was your union. Your union, representing YOU, helped create this document and even recommends it's passage.

Reality. As you grow up you will embrace it.

This TA wasn't created by SWA alone to be shoved down SWA pilot's throats. It was a dual effort and one of the two parties was your union. Your union, representing YOU, helped create this document and even recommends it's passage.

So that means I HAVE TO like it????

READ IT and then think about what ALL of it adds up to, I would say less of what we have now. I'm not angry, but why not just leave what we have in place and give us a cost of living pay raise. We wouldn't even be taking up internet bandwidth over it, would we?

A no vote won't kill the Golden Goose. Let's send this thing back so we can squeeze some more eggs out of the old girl!!

"...squeeze my lemon, 'til the juice runs down my leg..."

Latest resources

Back