Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back on track...

OK guys...talked to PD today and they said that on Mon, the Training Dept said to expect the Jan 9th class, 1 class in Feb and then re-evaluate after that. Not very promising. I also found it interesting that they said they could not tell me how many poolies there really are swimming?! Thoughts??? Happy Holidays!:)

OK guys...talked to PD today and they said that on Mon, the Training Dept said to expect the Jan 9th class, 1 class in Feb and then re-evaluate after that. Not very promising. I also found it interesting that they said they could not tell me how many poolies there really are swimming?! Thoughts??? Happy Holidays!:)

Knowing the number of poolies is probably pretty tough right now since some have moved on. I guess it's kind of the bird in the hand beats two in the bush for some. I know of some that have moved on (especially the ones that aren't typed).

I have always thought you were a stand up guy, even used you for my prep with swa but damn you sound like you have an axe to grind with swa! What gives?

No great axe to grind--but had a friend get an email/call a couple weeks prior to this wanting to know "if he was currently flying.." Understand that call went out to several folks. I sort of translated it to "did you get a job somewhere else and quit waiting for us?". I thought it was odd--but didn't think much more about it.

Then this mistake occurred. I just wondered if they were linked.

I'm maybe a bit paranoid after a couple of JB clients got fired from their gigs once background investigations began. Those guys only had to wait a few weeks to start class. My concern is that if something similar happened to a SWA poolie it could be a long wait until he/she gets in class.

Probably just an honest mistake. But I have seen some folks burned in the past and tend to be very cautious when it comes to dealing with current employers and future employers...sometimes the current guys don't appreciate the future ones at all.

This is NOT an axe with any of the SWA pilots or folks I know that fly there. I just feel sorry for the folks who've been patiently waiting, and was afraid this little SNAFU could cause a handful of them some serious headaches.

I'm not an HR person, and maybe there was some info they just had to have. But I wouldn't perster anyone in the pool for employer info UNTIL I was a couple weeks out from offereing a class date.

Again--sometimes when you mention anything less than stellar at SWA folks take it personally. That's not my intent. My loyalty is NOT to SWA, but to the folks who's lives are in limbo and have been for the last year.

No great axe to grind--but had a friend get an email/call a couple weeks prior to this wanting to know "if he was currently flying.." Understand that call went out to several folks. I sort of translated it to "did you get a job somewhere else and quit waiting for us?". I thought it was odd--but didn't think much more about it.

Then this mistake occurred. I just wondered if they were linked.

I'm maybe a bit paranoid after a couple of JB clients got fired from their gigs once background investigations began. Those guys only had to wait a few weeks to start class. My concern is that if something similar happened to a SWA poolie it could be a long wait until he/she gets in class.

Probably just an honest mistake. But I have seen some folks burned in the past and tend to be very cautious when it comes to dealing with current employers and future employers...sometimes the current guys don't appreciate the future ones at all.

This is NOT an axe with any of the SWA pilots or folks I know that fly there. I just feel sorry for the folks who've been patiently waiting, and was afraid this little SNAFU could cause a handful of them some serious headaches.

I'm not an HR person, and maybe there was some info they just had to have. But I wouldn't perster anyone in the pool for employer info UNTIL I was a couple weeks out from offereing a class date.

Again--sometimes when you mention anything less than stellar at SWA folks take it personally. That's not my intent. My loyalty is NOT to SWA, but to the folks who's lives are in limbo and have been for the last year.

I will tell you from my own personal experience that the PD gave me a choice. The backround people asked me if when I wanted my refs. checked, they told me that I coudn't start class unless my check was complete and that i was projected for a class date in 4 months. I told them I wanted me refs checked now just in case a class opened up and I was ok with thrm starting the check. I really do think this was just a snafu by a person who had all the right intentions.

Albie, the flying question was probably related to SWA wanting to update PRIA records for those who have moved to new jobs (like me). As long as you haven't changed employers--flying or not--no need to update.

Good enough--no conspiracy. I'm letting it go...

Sorry if I ruffled feathers. Not trying to slam anyone--just trying to give guys a warning shot if something came up.

Happy holidays and hope you don't swim long.

OK guys...talked to PD today and they said that on Mon, the Training Dept said to expect the Jan 9th class, 1 class in Feb and then re-evaluate after that...

This was also my experience today. My rep said they had been planning three (3!) Jan classes, but just one now and one for Feb. Interestingly, PD rep said of approx 130 retirements expected for 2008, they do not yet know how many will stay or go. So, my guesstimate is this initial training slowdown is based on slowed growth (34 net to 19 net to 5-10 net). But still growing.

Either way, who can get me a little paper umbrella and one of those fluorenscent green plastic monkeys for my Kool-Aid slushy?;)

I would think that there will could be lawsuits because of SWA's breach of confidential information.

Imagine if someone gets turned down for another job because their name is on that list, or worse yet, what if someone on probation gets let go when their name is discovered on that list.

I can't believe SWA would be so stupid to do that. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I am glad my name is not on that email list. That would ruin my chances anywhere else.

Bad SWA, bad doggie! LOL

Latest resources

Back