• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but remember, 15 year SWA FO makes roughly the same wage as 15 yr CA on the 737 elsewhere. You really think you'll hold widebody CA at a major in 15 yrs? Narrowbody, yes, wide, no. And add in the fact that you'll be pulling in 6 figs after 3 yrs at SWA and you will have 15 days off/mo from the day you start, and it's a pretty easy choice.

My opinion of course. But hey, if you want to look elsewhere, then I guess I can get an interview that much quicker.

Yea, What he said.....

That list will become a "Do not hire" list if it makes it into any offices at Airtran, Alaska, Frontier, and maybe Jetlbue. It would probably give the folks at DAL and CAL pause too.

Want to F- your buddy? Send it out there...so it can wind up at other HR offices.

A honest mistake? Maybe. A way to keep discouraged poolies from applying other places? Hmmmm. Might want to get a new email before you throw any more apps out.

Sorry for those of you getting tired of treading water. Hope the calls come despite age 65. That great SWA spirit will come in handy as you wait for your call...

I have always thought you were a stand up guy, even used you for my prep with swa but damn you sound like you have an axe to grind with swa! What gives?

why on earth are you posting in the SWA pool forum if you've already been hired?

your time would be better spent doing something to get a better contract and halting the erosion at SWA.

Because he is doing to the samething that I will be doing...Calling the PD to stop them from hirring fools like you. Do us all a favor and go to CAL or better yet DELTA I hear General Lee is looking for a new friend.

I've never seen a sorrier group of kool-aid slurpers in my life. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, most SWA poolies in this forum have to be the most brainwashed, @ss-kissing, short-sighted, oblivious folks around. Next to tanker clown, that is. Good luck!

jke406

Grow up. You are obviously here just to be a flame baiter. Please leave this thread. This is for people serious about joining the SWA family.

I liked the Video, Z... That is definitely us here in the pool--especially as it seems to go on forever. Sucks to be the guys in the deep.

I am in the Jan 9th class and my name was on the list. As with many others, I have friends deeper in the pool and will keep my ear to the ground for info when I get down to DAL.

Please ignore JKE. He thrives on everyone responding to him.

ALBIE has a point in that we each need to do what is right for our families. If you are deep in the pool and absolutely need a job, do what you have to do. Nobody can fault you for that. If waiting for SWA is what you think is best for your family, that is what I would do.

Personally, I decided to wait. I have heard of folks that did not and then decided not to do SWA when their pool number came up. Some are happy some are not. They all say the jury is still out. It probably will be for 20-30 years. This is a wacky industry. SWA could go from first to worst and back again in 30-years.

Every one of us must play it like we see it.

Latest resources

Back