Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question

I have a question. I see some of the 'pool date' is from May 2007. I know several people who interviewed around August, September 2007 and already started the class. These people with May 2007 pool date, did they have the type back then too? How does this work? I am confused.

If you see these folks on the pool list, then they have their type. Your spot in the pool is either based on your interview date if you had the type or your type date if you got the type after your interview. Hope this helps!

Also, I kinda doubt that people that interviewed in August and September 2007 are already in class. They would have jumped about 250 people (or more) which doesn't sound correct.

Take care,

GBTG

"I know several people who interviewed around August, September 2007 and already started the class."

Impossible.

I'm in class and the chief of training of talked to us. He said we were hiring 180 this year. 36 already have employee id numbers. Add in all 44 of the 60+ guys and that would leave 100 more from the pool this year (assuming all 60+ guys get hired). Good luck to all the poolies.

boy with info, it makes me wish they would tell us what number we are like they did before they started telling us where we stand with respect to what class we are in.....now it's hard to tell with the '100' when they'd go to class......did they give you any idea on future class dates zippy????

One of our former astronauts, rhymes with Poot Mibson, was in the MDW crewroom last week asking how to apply. I guess there's just not many astronaut gigs these days.
Well....apparently he may be applying to work at Mir...seems that once upon a time he...commanded a crew of seven-members (up) and eight-members (down) on Space Shuttle mission STS-71. This was the first Space Shuttle mission to dock with the Russian Space Station Mir.

I'm in class and the chief of training of talked to us. He said we were hiring 180 this year. 36 already have employee id numbers. Add in all 44 of the 60+ guys and that would leave 100 more from the pool this year (assuming all 60+ guys get hired). Good luck to all the poolies.

What would that bring the pool down to?
(ie how many left - I think its between 310 and 340).

What will be the acceptance rate for poolies who have to wait a while? Any guesses?

Thanks,

FCN

Name--------------Pool Date----- Class Date
flypirate24--------4/15/07-------8/22/07
c17guy------------4/16/07
flybynav1965------5/10/07-------
GFunk20----------5/22/07
THEPRFCT10------5/27/07-------
FoxTwo-----------5/ /07
sf340dvr-------
Prop Trash--------6/6/07--------
obadie------------6/12/07-------
GuyBehindTheGuy-6//07---------
RogerMOSA-------6/19/07-------
Bluto13-----------6/21/07-------
ofacegangsta-----6/21/07
DesertDuck-------7/7/07
msmb------------
Speedtape...........2/13/07...in secret training class

I have a question. I see some of the 'pool date' is from May 2007. I know several people who interviewed around August, September 2007 and already started the class. These people with May 2007 pool date, did they have the type back then too? How does this work? I am confused.

Maybe the 'class' they started was for their 737 type, because they're definitely not in class at SWA if they interviewed in Aug/Sept of '07.

Latest resources

Back