Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Update

Ok guys....just spoke with PD and here's what they said: After next week's interviews of the approx. 44 age 60+ guys, they expect the majority of them to get hired and will be in the two April classes. After that they do not know the schedule. They said that I am 2-3 classes after the two April classes depending on future defferals, etc. Anyway, sit tight and we'll see.

My buddy told me that 44 reapplied. And the deadline is now past for them to reapply. I imagine that all of them will be asked back. So with 1 class a month of 16, it looks like this only cost the poolies 3 months.

When are the classes. I've forgotten if the Feb class is still a go. Are there still 0 classes for March thru May?

Thanks in advance.

He's right again!

Ok guys....just spoke with PD and here's what they said: After next week's interviews of the approx. 44 age 60+ guys, they expect the majority of them to get hired and will be in the two April classes. After that they do not know the schedule. They said that I am 2-3 classes after the two April classes depending on future defferals, etc. Anyway, sit tight and we'll see.

Please don't take this is a negative way:

Do you get the feeling that the PD gets tired of answering the same questions 20 times per day?

Are they friendly when you call them?

I was just wondering.

thanks

You know, at first I thought the same thing, but then I just asked them do they mind and does it bother them that some many of us call them. In fact when I talk to them today about it they said that they much rather us call them than "look at the speculations on the internet!"....ironic isn't it? And really, they are the People Department--they know it's part of the job and they know our anxiousness to get started.

That's good to hear.

It sounds like Age 65 is causing the PD lots of stress also (although not nearly as much stress as it is causing the Poolies.)

Hope you get the good news call soon.

I sure hope they publish a list of retirees that are interviewing like they do with off the street folks. I can think of a few names that would generate some feedback for the Chief Pilots.

He's right again!

Hey Retard, I told you all that my buddy is a Dallas Capt. He's pretty in the know. You guys just tend to get all bent out of shape when you hear bad news. Crap! Recessions happen. Did you think SWA would continue to add 600+ a year with the economy tanking?

Latest resources

Back