• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The word I heard today is 3 classes in Jan of 24 each. I've heard of dates, but I'll wait to see what others hear. PD had off today, but will be back tomorrow.

My guess is even with slowed growth, training will start in Jan, but probably end sometime during the year (like '07). I have no clue what will happen to interviews.

bro, no one gives a rat's @ss about your "guess." you're not even on the property and you think you're a GD expert.

My guess is eveOriginally Posted by BlueandWhite
The word I heard today is 3 classes in Jan of 24 each. I've heard of dates, but I'll wait to see what others hear. PD had off today, but will be back tomorrow.
n with slowed growth, training will start in Jan, but probably end sometime during the year (like '07). I have no clue what will happen to interviews.

My advice to you guys in the pool is to enjoy your family, friends, hobbies or whatever until your phone rings. Trying to predict if and when you will be on property is a futile effort. Relax, live your life and see what happens. I believe that the front office is reading the handwriting on the wall and is preparing the company for a coming economic downturn, recession or whatever you want to call it. I know it sucks for all of you, but the company may be better off in the future because of their caution at this time. Like many times in the past, we will be in a good position to take advantage of opportunities that may arise out of this economic cycle. But who knows, maybe oil will go back to $50 bucks (can't believe I just said that), the dollar will rebound, and all will be back on track. Time will tell. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
bro, no one gives a rat's @ss about your "guess." you're not even on the property and you think you're a GD expert.

Holy crap...chill out dude. The guy was just stating his opinion, he does have that right. My opinion is you lack female companionship and the 'Don't ask Don't tell' didn't work for ya......

Hate to tell you "I told you so", but, I told you so. Sorry guys. Wish I was wrong. Looks like other carriers are trimming domestic capacity and looking at losses. I'm sure they'll have to hire a few folks in '08.

Holy crap...chill out dude. The guy was just stating his opinion, he does have that right. My opinion is you lack female companionship and the 'Don't ask Don't tell' didn't work for ya......

very creative.

get back into your gimp suit, poolie!

Last edited:
For the record, I think everyone should know that Ballgag and jke496 recently broke up. It's been hard on both of them...I said "hard on"....uh huh huh huh.

Keep the faith

Hey guys consider this,

In the past, other majors have continued to interview, hire and train at full throttle all the way up to the date they learn the economy is tanking. Resulting in large furloughs. This is not the SWA way. And we (poolies) are better off for it.

Wouldn't you rather be in the pool and continue working at your present job, (saving for first year pay, enjoying senority, etc.) and begin training at SWA when things turn around, without fear of a furlough.

As a 6-20 poolie I know the excitement of getting the call, anticipating an early '08 class date and suffering with bad news on top of bad news. We will all get there. It may be take a while. But working for SWA will undoubtably be worth it.

Keep the faith. We are in good hands with SWA management.

Latest resources

Back