• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've never seen a sorrier bunch of kool-aid drinking sycophants than I've seen on this thread.

SWA is a BUSINESS. you are nothing more than a COST UNIT (or you would be, if you were even on the property yet). perhaps when (or if) you get a class date and are around for contract negotiations, you will realize the only difference between SWA and any other major is that your airplane looks like a corn dog.

this is a BUSINESS, people, and despite the naive, whiny dribble you post here (is it going to get you a class any quicker?) at the end of the day SWA is a BUSINESS.

don't flip me any sheepsh!t about "culture," either. how is "culture" paying your cable bill while you're in the pool?

sycophants???... What the hell? You must have spent half the day finding that one in the thesaurus!!

Thank god I'm not in this pool.

It will be a long swim, and for some I don't hink they will ever fly for Southwest after the age 65 thingy and the mergers about to happen.

Glad I stayed right here in the captain's seat in my EMB145.

Who'da ever thunk it? LOL

Say what?!!!

I've never seen a sorrier bunch of kool-aid drinking sycophants than I've seen on this thread.

SWA is a BUSINESS. you are nothing more than a COST UNIT (or you would be, if you were even on the property yet). perhaps when (or if) you get a class date and are around for contract negotiations, you will realize the only difference between SWA and any other major is that your airplane looks like a corn dog.

this is a BUSINESS, people, and despite the naive, whiny dribble you post here (is it going to get you a class any quicker?) at the end of the day SWA is a BUSINESS.

don't flip me any sheepsh!t about "culture," either. how is "culture" paying your cable bill while you're in the pool?
You gotta be kidding me! The entire purpose of this thread 670 posts ago was for those of us waiting to go to SWA training keep each other "posted" on news, rumors, etc. Instead we have unhappy jacka$$es trying to ruin our optimisim. I certainly don't consider myself a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite??? What the hell? I agree with clown...keep up that great attitude and go ruin some other thread. And about that culture thing? I'll wait as long as I feasibly can and find ways to "pay my cable" bill so I can be a part of a company that prides itself on putting employees first. Kool-aid??? Maybe, but I say again: show me an unhappy SWA employee RIGHT NOW. Thanks for the pep talk sizzle chest!:laugh:

You gotta be kidding me! The entire purpose of this thread 670 posts ago was for those of us waiting to go to SWA training keep each other "posted" on news, rumors, etc. Instead we have unhappy jacka$$es trying to ruin our optimisim. I certainly don't consider myself a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite??? What the hell? I agree with clown...keep up that great attitude and go ruin some other thread. And about that culture thing? I'll wait as long as I feasibly can and find ways to "pay my cable" bill so I can be a part of a company that prides itself on putting employees first. Kool-aid??? Maybe, but I say again: show me an unhappy SWA employee RIGHT NOW. Thanks for the pep talk sizzle chest!:laugh:

good for you. you have proved my point about blind loyalty, for which you have been given absolutely NOTHING in return. your optimism is based on nothing, despite the emails and mailings you may receive. you are tragically deluded if you think you are anything more than a number (and you are less than that as a poolie). sadly, this industry is not like the military.

perhaps your @ss kissing will move you up in the pool. or increase the number of classes this year?

tell you what...show me a HAPPY SWA poolie RIGHT NOW. that's not irrational. WAKE UP, my friend. there is no loyalty from employers in this business.

Last edited:
Thank god I'm not in this pool.

It will be a long swim, and for some I don't hink they will ever fly for Southwest after the age 65 thingy and the mergers about to happen.

Glad I stayed right here in the captain's seat in my EMB145.

Who'da ever thunk it? LOL

Won't be a Capt. much longer sweetheart. Branded is tanking, about to lose Delta flying and when CAL gets scoped removed CHQ will invade with 170's. Bye Bye XJT!! We lose more planes in 08' if you know what's going on. Enjoy!!! I'm out....

all those student loans you took out and still no vocabulary...truly a pity. Maybe SWA's culture will make up for it.

No loans, but you can come stare at my Master's degree. I'm impressed an ex-military guy used such an intelligent word, congrats!!!

I don't think CAL's scope is going anywhere.

I'm just telling you what my friend told me. I don't think I've heard of any calls going out for Feb. They need a month to get a class going and we're a third thru Jan. Each day that goes by makes a Feb class less likely. Hope March is a go.

That's not what PD told me today. They are still waiting for official word of the dates, but are planning for one class in Feb and possibly two in Mar (I had to ask twice).

That's the word as of today. Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back