• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pool is starting to drain!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't want to be senior to you, I just don't want to give up what I have earned/worked for.

I "get it" . . . . . and somehow, we will all get through it, together.

Regards,
Ty

Ty, that's a very reasonable post. I get your concerns. Our concerns are that we don't want to give up what we have 'earned/worked for' either. I see two important points. 1) There are a number of SLI scenarios that, while fair in your view, WILL harm SWA pilots' career progression. 2) You and every AT pilot will receive far more than you have 'earned/worked for'.

So wait, you are saying that you guys AREN'T GOING TO INTEGRATE THE LISTS? Really? Can you do that with that Bond/Mac law in place? Hmmmm, I don't know about that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

General, my understanding is that there is no requirement for SWA to integrate the AT pilots. IF Gary chooses to combine the operations, then yes Bond/McCaskill will be the law of the land. There is nothing, though, that can force Gary to combine the operations. Given the size of the 717 operation, there may be real cost savings in keeping the operations separate until the leases expire.

General, my understanding is that there is no requirement for SWA to integrate the AT pilots. IF Gary chooses to combine the operations, then yes Bond/McCaskill will be the law of the land. There is nothing, though, that can force Gary to combine the operations. Given the size of the 717 operation, there may be real cost savings in keeping the operations separate until the leases expire.

I never thought I'd see a pilot wishing for a whipsaw. You guys are off your rocker, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Lonestar, your scenario is just "wishful thinking" on your part.

Our Contract requires operations to be combined within 18 months. The language not only requires AirTran to notify a purchaser of this requirement, but to have them acknowledge it in writing. According to our union, that was done a long time ago, so SWA has agreed to combine operations, and they did it as SWA, the owner of GH.

Don't believe me? Call someone on your Merger Committee and have them confirm it, and then report back.

It is a shame that every thread now about SWA will be turned into the mental masturbation on seniority integration. When you have unaffected obsessive parties like General Lee engaging, this will only be destructive with absolutely no gain whatsoever.

I have decided to try and stay disengaged on these forums. (difficult I know) I can only hope that my fellow SWA pilots do the same. Take this energy to your union leaders and reps instead. I have and I am pleasantly surprised how much they know about the expectations involved. And the reality of this integration.

It does take some strength and maturity but I hope you find it best also to disengage.

It is a shame that every thread now about SWA will be turned into the mental masturbation on seniority integration. When you have unaffected obsessive parties like General Lee engaging, this will only be destructive with absolutely no gain whatsoever.

I have decided to try and stay disengaged on these forums. (difficult I know) I can only hope that my fellow SWA pilots do the same. Take this energy to your union leaders and reps instead. I have and I am pleasantly surprised how much they know about the expectations involved. And the reality of this integration.

It does take some strength and maturity but I hope you find it best also to disengage.
Amen my future SWAPA brother!

Happy MLK day everybody!

You will combine operations within 18 months....with guatelope holdings

RedDog, this language was written by ALPA lawyers, not some $99. Divorce/Bankruptcy/Quit Smoking guy in a strip mall. :laugh:

Our contract requires us to be merged with the operations of the owner of the holding company.That is why I was very specific. Here, I'll bold it for you, since you must have missed it:

According to our union, that was done a long time ago, so SWA has agreed to combine operations, and they did it as SWA, the owner of GH.

Don't believe me? Call someone on your Merger Committee and have them confirm it, and then report back.

Last edited:
RedDog, this language was written by ALPA lawyers, not some $99. Divorce/Bankruptcy/Quit Smoking clown in a strip mall. :laugh:

Our contract requires us to be merged with the operations of the owner of the holding company.

That is why I was very specific. Here, I'll bold it for you, since you must have missed it:

According to our union, that was done a long time ago, so SWA has agreed to combine operations, and they did it as SWA, the owner of GH.

My friend, reasoning with them is like trying to reason with a suicide bomber. They are so blinded by anger and spite over something out of their control that they are already wishing harm to their own pilot group and great company. Like I said before, they are off their rockers.

Latest resources

Back