SWA pool is starting to drain!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They can't stop.
A lot of sw's junior folks paid good money to get on the swa list. Pretty easy when all you have to do is show up with your checkbook in hand.
Now, these same folks that paid good money to get their dream job are about to slide down the swa seniority list by AAI folks that DIDN'T have to buy their job at swa.

That is pretty sad. And another thing that really "chaps their hides", is that SOME of the AT guys aren't ex Blue Angels or Thunderbirds! OMG! How could Gary Kelly EVER let those people in to their exclusive club???? REALLY..............I never......

Bye Bye----General Lee

They can't stop.
A lot of sw's junior folks paid good money to get on the swa list. Pretty easy when all you have to do is show up with your checkbook in hand.

Ask the 8 out of 10 people who wrote the check and got told "no thanks" how easy it is.

For what its worth, I am against the type requirement. It does not make me proud that there are so many who made the investment only to get turned away.

Are the airtran people going to go on strike if it takes longer than 18 mths?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wall St, Gary Kelly, and Chase don't want that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

KP,
3.61 to 1 SWAPA required growth during any separate operations contractual per transition agreement.

Ty,

we are aware of the 18 month requirement in your contract. Doesnt mean our operations will be "prepared" to integrate in 18 months. Or 24 months. Or 36 months.

Wow, did you really just point at a SWAPA side letter YOU want enforced, while implying that our contract should be disregarded? :laugh:

And another thing that really "chaps their hides", is that SOME of the AT guys aren't ex Blue Angels or Thunderbirds! OMG!

Bye Bye----General Lee

Wrong General.

There are; Thunderbird, Eagle, Viper, Hornet and all of the other bird, snake and ethereal spirit names you can think of.

I know it doesn't matter to AirTran pilots. I'm willing to bet it doesn't matter to SWA pilots or GK.

Last edited:
Wow, did you really just point at a SWAPA side letter YOU want enforced, while implying that our contract should be disregarded? :laugh:

Not at all Ty,

Ours can be waived... or disregarded against the contract just like yours. It takes time to prepare of an integration. SLI takes time, but probably not as much time as logistical planning, training and infrastructure reconfiguration. 18 and even 24 months goes by pretty quickly. Litigation takes money. Lots and lots of money. But you guys should have plenty of that after your raises.

Last edited:
Quick show of hands vote from my SWA and soon to be AirTran brothers...

Does anyone consider the General to be at all relevant?

A simple yes/no please...

Not at all Ty,

Ours can be waived... or disregarded against the contract just like yours. It takes time to prepare of an integration. SLI takes time, but probably not as much time as logistical planning, training and infrastructure reconfiguration. 18 and even 24 months goes by pretty quickly. Litigation takes money. Lots and lots of money. But you guys should have plenty of that after your raises.

Not really. Our SOC probably took a year. But, we had multiple fleets and thousands more employees that had to learn procedures etc compared to your two companies. AT is a lot smaller than NWA was, and the NWA people had to learn DL policies. I think the AT people could do it fairly quickly. (if motivated by $$$$$) I think the AT pilots could learn pretty fast how to be a SWA pilot. Here is an example:

Wake up in your new silk sheets. Go to the mirror, and start saying aloud "I am a Southwest pilot, the best paid and most handsome pilot, IN THE WORLD. I do not mind flying to West Texas. They pay me a lot to fly to West Texas. I still look better than anyone else. I can slam dunk a 737 at ANY airport. I can fast taxi, and maybe beat another airliner to the runway. I will accept any short approach, in any weather, visually. I will taxi very fast to the gate, not because I only have 14 minutes to get food, but rather it might impress some chicks, somewhere. I look like Fonzi in my leather jacket, and that makes me cooler than anyone else. I could jump a shark waterskiing. Even though I may have to fly 6 legs today, that's cool, because I am paid more than anyone else, IN THE WORLD, even though I fly a 737, TO WEST TEXAS. I am a Southwest pilot, the best damn paid pilot, ANYWHERE. (until the rest of them catch up to us)"

The AT guys could memorize that in 2 weeks, no doubt. Give them a chance. Regardless, I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back