• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Plans Adding 25 International Flights from FLL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I only want to see SWA have to meet the same standards every other airline has to. Historically that has not been the case.

How can you announce these new flights and no destinations? Suggests to me you're not participating in the traditional process and waiting instead for some political maneuver that gifts it to you.

Wrong. SWA historically HAS had to have met the exact same standards as every other airline. Please tell us exactly what standard we haven't met, if you feel that way. Not only have we had to meet the same standards, we also had to fight off other airlines' attempts to kill us because they were afraid of the competition (some just regular BS lawyer wars, and some actually illegal attempts- wink, wink, Continental) along the way.

And we haven't announced specific flights yet. Just our intentions. Obviously there's still negotiations to be had. Do you really think that Caribbean and Central and South American cities don't want service from us, though? Don't worry, Flop; I'm sure we can find some airport that will be willing to allow us to serve them. And we'll jump through all the appropriate hoops to make it so.

Bubba

Yes. That is what I'm saying. It's easier for SWA to spend 100 million on an airport stunt than it is to get etops correct. Now we see a potential trick play on destinations because you don't want to play by the same rules every other airline does.

Sorry, my bad.

I see you ARE in the fifth grade.

Bubba

Wrong. SWA historically HAS had to have met the exact same standards as every other airline. Please tell us exactly what standard we haven't met, if you feel that way.

SWA started without meeting any Federal standards. Texas gave you a letter that said "YeeHaw!!!" Not the same ops specs, training program.

Off your meds again, Foopa? Walk, don't drive and definitely don't fly, WALK your crazy, creepy ass to Walgreens and get a refill. You are coming apart.

Do you really think that Caribbean and Central and South American cities don't want service from us, though?

Talk about crazy... These Countries will be a lot more indifferent than you think. And you are definitely not going to impress them with your operation. You're kind of late to the party. Mexico has their own LCCs and is still anguishing over Mexicana folding. That you somehow imagine you'll be greeted as liberators is bat poop crazy Bubba.

Arguing with yourself again Flop?

Let's see..

First your outraged that Southwest might go south of the border to compete with some of your monopoly routes. then...

We won't be well received and will most likely not work for us. I'm not sure where you got that we would be 'liberators', just more stuff made up in your anti-SW imagination.

Which is it?

I'm not sure where you got that we would be 'liberators'

Bubba characterizes the situation as though there are Countries that "want service" from SWA. That is really not the case anywhere in the world, for any airline. You get as much as you give in most cases. That's why so many of these airports that are legacy hubs are so big.

I'm not outraged about any of this. Somewhat disgusted? Yes. You ladies get all riled up because you think anyone with a competing opinion to SWA practices must be nuts, but that's far from the truth.

First your outraged that Southwest might go south of the border to compete with some of your monopoly routes. then...

I've never been outraged about you going South of the border, just the way you propose to do it. You should have had to use IAH and compete with us. Used the FIS that the taxpayers built. Not short circuited lawful, fair competition by building your own terminal at an airport separate from almost all competition.

And we don't have monopoly routes. We code share with other airlines and abide by all bilateral agreements that are part of a level playing field between Countries. What SWA feels entitled to is a Hobby monopoly. You want your own terminal, you'll code share with no one, and you're absolutely sure another Country should accommodate you with space wherever you want. That's about as a-hole-esque as you can get.

Btw: For anyone lurking, you know you're right when SWA guys start assailing your mental health. There's a reason the required reading for working there is a book called "nuts". They're all nuttier than squirrel turds.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back