• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Plans Adding 25 International Flights from FLL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is your etops program failure BS? Seriously, tell me that's not true because the airplane has been doing it for a very long time. Waiting for your answer Red...

ETOPS program failure? Wrong. We never did anything close to ETOPS proving runs. Why don't you pull up the Flightaware (or anyother software you'd like) that showed us going that far to get signed off on ETOPS. You can't so you just make it up.........so yes, your whole hypothesis is complete BS.

Wow. Smoking gun Flop. Again, your arguments against our airline are all weak, I'm sorry. So starting a fledgling approach at looking at ETOPS is a 'failure'? Kind of a stretch isn't it? Again, you have know idea of what your talking about so you decide to throw as much Sh!t against the Southwest wall to see what sticks. That's all you have. It's all you've ever had.

Your outrage at everything Southwest is the only thing you bring to any of these threads. Plenty of black helicopters and side deals that only happened in your imagination though.

Last edited:
Flop,

If you'd do a little more research, you'd find they decided higher demand for profit was in the Caribbean, but that doesn't fit into your argument. It's been stated on this forum as early as late spring 2013.

You only believe what you want to believe, so I'm done chasing down rabbit holes with you.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2011/08/southwest-airlines-will-be-rea.html/

?I think we?ll be ready in terms of our preparedness for Hawaii by 2013,? Kelly said. ?Whether we will fly then or ever is a different decision and a different discussion. Today we really don?t have the capabilities to do that. Tomorrow we will.?

If you'll be ready by 2013, you better hurry!

Actually, all the blocks were in place to be ready to actually commence Hawaii operations this year, but subsequent to the timing of your quote above, GK changed his mind and focus. ETOPS to Hawaii was shifted to the back burner, and the focus became international operations. There's much more money to be made there.

Are you really insinuating that Southwest wasn't able to take a proven ETOPS-capable and certified aircraft, and make flights to Hawaii work? Is that your idea of an insult? What are you, in the fifth grade? GK is all about money and maximizing return for each asset, and there's a much higher profit margin on international operations. So much so, that GK invested $100 million of SWA's own money to fund a new international terminal at Hobby. Certainly you remember that discussion, Flop. Now he's committing to international operations out of FLL as well (rumor has it that MCO was too expensive). He wants to go south of the border for all that money in a big way.

Having said all that however, personally, I think the real reason that GK changed his mind is that he read too many of these FI threads. He realized that if he built a new terminal at Hobby and challenged Unical in "their" city, that he would be able to push you over the edge, Flop. It was well worth the money! :)

Bubba

You only believe what you want to believe, so I'm done chasing down rabbit holes with you.

I only want to see SWA have to meet the same standards every other airline has to. Historically that has not been the case.

How can you announce these new flights and no destinations? Suggests to me you're not participating in the traditional process and waiting instead for some political maneuver that gifts it to you.

Are you really insinuating that Southwest wasn't able to take a proven ETOPS-capable and certified aircraft, and make flights to Hawaii work?

Yes. That is what I'm saying. It's easier for SWA to spend 100 million on an airport stunt than it is to get etops correct. Now we see a potential trick play on destinations because you don't want to play by the same rules every other airline does.

Latest resources

Back