• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA plan for 15% ROIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's always the hope that they can get skinny later. . . . There's no chance with Ugly; it goes all the way to the bone. :laugh:

Beauty's only a light switch away.

Traditional WN pilot staffing is 10.2 pilots/airframe. Based on that number we would need 7140 pilots to staff a combined fleet of 700 airframes which leaves us overstaffed by roughly 700 pilots in 2015 with the roughly 200 WN retirments factored in. That is IF you buy into a flat fleet which I don't. It will take until mid 2020 for the WN retirements to get us down to that staffing number. How many millions of dollars do you really think the company is willing to spend training and employing excess pilots to sit around and fly very little just to save face and say that "we've never furloughed" ? 700 extra F/Os cost over $100 MILLION per year.

Traditional WN pilot staffing is 10.2 pilots/airframe. Based on that number we would need 7140 pilots to staff a combined fleet of 700 airframes which leaves us overstaffed by roughly 700 pilots in 2015 with the roughly 200 WN retirments factored in. That is IF you buy into a flat fleet which I don't. It will take until mid 2020 for the WN retirements to get us down to that staffing number. How many millions of dollars do you really think the company is willing to spend training and employing excess pilots to sit around and fly very little just to save face and say that "we've never furloughed" ? 700 extra F/Os cost over $100 MILLION per year.

Yawn . . .

You remind me of the Economist who has predicted 8 of the last 3 recessions. :laugh:

Keep clinging to the furlough hope, it may come true.

Not.

GBJ, 700 overmanned at SwA is what we are every year due to schedule flexing, this is old news. What's your next furlough argument?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back