• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot union gives away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have to many Koolies on the property. It really is sad. They dont see the forest for the trees. I will be voting no but this turd will pass by 70% or more. Our :puke: NC is a bunch of IDIOTS. The Mechanice, Rampers and I am sure the FA's all got a better raise then us. Our IDIOT NC started with COLA and went down fron there. Brilliant!! Less then COLA to give away our flying. But hey look at that huge retro we will be getting.:puke:

I will vote NO, but maby you should apply for a transfer to Ramp or even FA!!!

You guys got no RJs, a raise and are bitching? Seriously?

I need to introduce you to some of my friends over at US Air.

it's okay swapa says this is good codeshare just like age 65 was good for the fo's
Excellent point.

Codeshares, major airports, assigned seats, throwing crumbs at the pilot group, scope battles, red ink.....

Inching ever closer to becoming "just another airline".
Draw the line in the sand NOW.

I think some of the posters are leaving out the fact that there is NO DOMESTIC CODE SHARE in the TA. Can you imagine? That is significant. No other major U.S. airline has that. Good for the SWAPA negotiators. Most of the other airline pilot groups would kill to have that. Domestic code share has been the thing that has really hurt the major airline pilots.

There are raises, retro, improvements to scheduling issues, improvements in 401K, and a mandated number of aircraft (net gain) by certain dates. Additionaly there is limitation on trans-border code sharing....6% of ASMs flown by SWA.

To say "all future flying" is going to be farmed out is a stretch of huge proportions and nothing more than fear mongering.

In these times, what the SWAPA negotiating committee accomplished is significant. There is a small, albiet very vocal group of pilots who will complain and totally focus on one negative issue and ignore the big picture. It's called negotiations and you don't get 100%of what you want. Most of the SWA pilots understand this and view this TA as a fair one. The so called "silent majority" who don't get on internet forums and constantly whine, will cause this TA to pass, as it should.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back