• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot union gives away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think of this though. To get from lets say MDW, to YYZ on Westjet, it would not be on you. It would be on them. Be careful.

ACL,

Ok, so they ride on Westjet.

What you have to look at is the total package.

No domestic code share. Limits on trans-border code sharing.

Raises, retro, new holiday pay, new premium pay to include some 1.5x ($270/hr) and 2x pay rates (over $400/hr)at 2010 rates, improvements in 401K including a Roth 401K option, mandated # of a/c by certain dates, the list goes on. No pilot group is going to get every little thing they want. The pluses far exceed the minuses. So...they ride Westjet from MDW to YYZ. Ok - a minus but there are more pluses. In the meantime, no domestic code share plus everything else I mentioned. Very acceptable., including the $187 trip at the end of 2010 ($215/hour to fly a 737).

Last edited:
Mach 80,

Read the fine print. ALL CODESHARE LIMITS are removed 1/1/2013. SL32 will basically "expire" 12/31/2012.

I can only assume SWAPA thinks we will have another agreement in place by then but we are 2.5 years beyond our amendable date now.

Gup

Very acceptable., including the $187 trip at the end of 2010 ($215/hour to fly a 737). Give me that premium J/A -- $430/hour.

.... and the cat is out of the bag. We are trying to piss against the wind with this senior 12+ year SWA Captain. He doesn't need growth. Who cares about codeshare? He's already flying TUE-WED-THU lines and gets the top pay scale. I'm not even going to argue with this dude.

I disagree Guppy. The TA says No DOMESTIC CODE SHARE plus the 6% limit stays untill the contact is amended plus they have to get an agreement with SWAPA before ANY OTHER code sharing agreements.

Am off to the Bahamas for a few days with no internet. Ahhhhh...

2% is very weak considering the inflation rate was 2.85% in 2007 and 3.85% for 2008. That’s a paycut. Wasn’t LUV profitable in 2007 and 2008? If so, why would you vote yourself a paycut?? At least hold your ground.

The codeshare is also very troublesome. I’d be very concerned especially for the more junior troops on the property. This is the proverbial camel’s nose under the tent and will drastically change your culture. Mexican flying for most of us is just domestic flying.

BTW, did FO percentage pay to Captain go up?? We’re hearing it did. What percentage does FO pay top out?

I know most of LUV guys probably think this is still the old Herb culture but in today’s new breed of airline executives, it’s the pilot’s that are the enemy. You’re a top cost unit that must be beaten down.

Good luck to you all on the vote. It’s always a tough vote and it’s easy to speculate from the sidelines. Just remember, there is always more on the table. It’s like buying a car on the first offer from the dealership.

AA767AV8TOR

Ah...hubris. Bitching about making $400/hour.

I really, truly want to bring some of you SWA guys over to my furloughed friend's house.

RJs and stupid management cost them their jobs and you guys don't even recognize how good you have it, if you actually killed RJs dead.

You're starting to look like United in 2000, or Pan Am in 1984.

murano,

It's all the same man. Union reps all the time say to vote for what is best for your wallet and family. Let's say I wanted to fly to age 65 because this is my 5th airline and got screwed on my retirement. I doubt you helped me out there, or did you? It's all the same principle. Different issues have different values for different people. Too bad but that's the way it is.

Besides, the code share is limited and not as bad as the little mob mentality has got you all spun up about.

Mach,

Enjoy the sun and relax. It will be a nice change to the never-ending winter. I'll edumicate you some more when you get back. ;)

Gup

Latest resources

Back