• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I have flown the 737-200, the 737-300G (glass they called it), and the 737-800 before. I also plan to be a captain on the 757/767 when I can hold it, and then maybe the 764. Then, after those, I will probably bid the 787 and then the 777. How about you guys? I have no wish to fly the MD88, and that is an option I have at Delta. (choices are good).

I am so glad you think you know our salaries. Maybe you haven't been reading any DL posts, but we are getting a minimum of 11% raise over the next two years (thanks to our 401Ks being filled to the max, and DL still having to pay us the 9% DC contribution, and the 2% 401K match---now in cash), added to a 12 year Captain salary that is bound to go up over our current contract. (Really, you and I know it has to go up) And who is making TWICE my salary? Really? So, when I do go to 738 Captain your guys will be paid over $300 an hour? Twice the pay, huh? Riiiight.

The key here is that I actually have a choice on what I fly, and what I bid. You do not. You could stay FO forever I guess, or you can be a captain on a plane you will fly forever. Great. I can go for domestic, or for INTL flying. I can fly big, or fly small. The smallest plane I want to captain (now) is bigger than the biggest plane you have, and I will go even bigger, eventually making at least what your captains make, and maybe more. Are you sure SWA's CASM is lower than our mainline's CASM? (you love to add our RJs into the equation...) Doubt it. Enjoy ELP!

Bye Bye--General Lee

step away from the computer.......... go get a beer & a zebra burger or something.:beer:

I`m really, really bored tonight. I read all of the posts in this thread. You all sound like a bunch of 6 year olds. You are supposed to be a bunch of professionals...act like it. What would you think if this was a doctor`s web site and comments like the last 26 pages of this crap were displayed there? Who gives a $hit which airline the guy flys for anyway.

I`m really, really bored tonight. I read all of the posts in this thread. You all sound like a bunch of 6 year olds. You are supposed to be a bunch of professionals...act like it. What would you think if this was a doctor`s web site and comments like the last 26 pages of this crap were displayed there? Who gives a $hit which airline the guy flys for anyway.

Well Retired guy, he asked the question at the beginning, and we all have been giving our own opinions. A lot of this started when I stated that not everyone wants to fly for Southwest and their exhausting schedules, to which most thought I was crazy. Sure, they have great pay and some security, but not everyone wants to fly for a great paying regional. (multiple legs per day, not flying in one region per-se')

Bye Bye--General Lee

step away from the computer.......... go get a beer & a zebra burger or something.:beer:

That was roasted Rhino. Yummy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Both Delta and SWA offer great opportunities. Both have outstanding pilots and equipment but 90 percent of Delta's Senior Management Team has quit in the past 4 years. Food for thought.

Who gives a $hit which airline the guy flys for anyway.
Apparently you do, since you just posted in another thread warning a new guy not to fly for Comair.

As Gen Lee said, the question was asked and people gave their opinions. If you don't like reading it, then don't read it. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back