SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice sales pitch General!

If the open skies agreement passes SWA/FO you are probably going to be an international pilot since SW will have to fly to europe to be competitive. Also Gary Kelly warned investors today that SW earnings are sliding into the red if something does change soon.

I don't now where you get your information from besided pulling out of your a$$ but at the JP Morgan conference Kelly said they will grow earnings 1% this quarter. its not much but they still reafirmed their goal for 15% for the year.

Last edited:
Huh? You are going to be away anyway (don't you guys have 4 day trips?). We also have high time 3 day trips to Europe from ATL and JFK. So, if you are going to be away from home for 3 days (go to Copenhagen, Barcelona, Munich, Istanbul, Athens, Nice, Rome, Venice, Zurich, Honolulu, Maui, Tokyo, Lima, or Dublin) 4 days (Rio, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Sao Paulo), 6 days (Johannesburg, double Londons(thru CVG), double Moscow's (thru ATL), double Frankfurts (thru CVG), double Amersterdams (thru CVG), Mumbai (48 hour layover via NYC), then take your pick. Or, you can do one day turns (turns to San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, PHX from ATL, and you can be home EVERY NIGHT. Can you do that at SWA? If you want options, we have them. At SWA, you have the option to go to Lubbock, but it is more than likely that you will go there anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks but I'll take the Texas two step with a MAF or LBB overnight and enjoy the fact that we have never furloughed and are not bankrupt.

Sounds about right, General... I'm thinking of quiting and starting over at DAL, so I can fly international and sit on my A$$ even longer. So I can fly through more time zones to feel like $hit only to sleep my whole layover to "recover" only to try to fly back to ATL, which is not an easy task. Then I would have to commute, cus Momma don't want to live in ATL.

Trailer in Kansas has all the amenities?;) Don't you think its about time to get out from living with your mom?

Can this thread die already, PLEASE!!

If I was about ten years younger, I'd take the chance and go with Delta. The opportunity to fly international and have a variety of aircraft to fly during a career there would be hard to turn down. At my age, though, I'd have to go with SWA and the quicker upgrade and better money.

At 32 I think it is a hard opportunity to pass up.

At 43 I'm almost middle aged! So i'd have to go for the quicker upgrade too.

See your choice is not as hard as you think..................

Dude,
you can have the time zone changes I'll stick with ABQ overnights and a company that cares about me. (can you say the same) I guess you really do have big pen_$$ syndrome. good luck! come talk to me in a couple of years when delta comes after you for some more consecions.

Time zone changes? Well, if you stay up all night long in Munich after not taking a nap, then you probably would be tired. (until you take your 3 hour nap in a crew rest seat across the pond). I think you would be much more tired with 5-6 legs and AM trips at Southwest. You have no time to rest, and knowing you have 4 more legs to go after you do an early AM from ELP to PHX (with LAX, SJC, SEA, and GEG to go) just doesn't sound fun, at all. But don't worry, you can go to the local pub in GEG where they have the 1 2 3 rule and drink your sorrows away, and go to bed a 6pm so you can do the same thing tomorrow---GEG--BOI--SLC--STL--CLE--DTW. Sweet!

Instead, you can go to Venice, Italy from ATL or JFK, stay at a very nice hotel and take a short ride to the canals and have a real Italian dinner, get some sleep, and then fly home, flying a 3 day worth 22 hours, and having a total of 3 pilots. If you lack landings for the month, you can pick up 757 trips that are shorter (like St Martaen, Aruba (24 hour layover on the beach), always fun Bogota, Quito or Guayaquil (Ecuador), or the ever popular San Jose, Costa Rica. Options. You can stay in the same time zone and fly Latin America, or you can go way South to South America, or you can go to Africa and spot a zebra and eat a roasted Rhino, or you can go to Europe and drink beer. Or, you can even bid domestic and fly one of 5 or 6 other types of planes and do the Southwest style flying. Options. That is the difference. Here we can fly a 738 (we have 737-700s on order, with winglets too) forever, and in the last year we can bid 777 and see Dubai. Options are great. We had a newhire just get the 767ER INTL out of JFK too. It is not out of reach.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General you fly an MD-80. How you getting to all these places?

Can you do that at SWA?

not right now, how long is Delta going to be doing all that??? We will be doing all the stuff soon enough.

General you fly an MD-80. How you getting to all these places?

not right now, how long is Delta going to be doing all that??? We will be doing all the stuff soon enough.

I can be a Captain on an MD88, but I am waiting for 738 as a line holder, which isn't too far off. And let me guess what you fly??????? Oh wait, you will always (ALWAYS) fly a 737. Maybe today you are flying a 737-500 instead of a -300, and maybe tomorrow you will be flying a -700 !!!! I bet you can't wait!!! Good for you! Have fun on that AM trip with stops in CLE, MDW, OMA, DEN, LAS, LAX, OAK, PDX, BOI, SEA, PHX, ELP, PHX (again), ABQ, LBB, AUS, HOU, MSY, BNA, ORF, and back to BWI. Wow, all in 3 days. You must be great at landings...... I will be doing San Juan this week (turns), and a St Thomas too. I can't wait for ANC summer trips. The fishing is great. I'll ship you some.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back