• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How's that pilot contract coming along over there? SW big profits = big pay raise.

in process... these things take time. unlike paycuts when you guys can't wait to roll-over and take it again.

I flew with a union guy a few weeks back and he said our pay will increase, fact. I guess, we will see.

I'd like to see them burn the place down and choke the $hit out of the golden goose. so then I can brang to everyone that we have industry leading pay. Then people will fill the streets and party singing "Southwest saved the industry!!!!" (even Capt. Mega will be there! drinking wild turkey)

We don't have to make-up for anything lost.

the SWA/FO

A quick question for any SWA/ NWA guy/gal.

Are the payrates and other info on Airline Pilot Central accurate?

SWA 12 yr capt: $198hr
vs.
NWA 12 yr 747 capt $177hr

Just curious.

A quick question for any SWA/ NWA guy/gal.

Are the payrates and other info on Airline Pilot Central accurate?

SWA 12 yr capt: $198hr
vs.
NWA 12 yr 747 capt $177hr

Just curious.
Those are accurate, but at NWA the top pay will be the 787 when it replaces the 47. So more like $150-170 will be top out pay at NWA in the coming years.

SW's contract will be current pay rates and the elimination of overtime abuse. mark my word....

It was difficult to give a concessionary pay cut when the SWAPA rates were already at the low end of industry average, as they have traditionally been.
Good luck with your negotiations.

Seems SWA management came through with an agreed upon profit sharing deposit on 9/14...just days after 9/11...when the rest of the industry was looking for ways to conserve cash...and breaking p[romises to their employees. And, these guys never even entertained the idea of pay cuts or benefit cuts.

Also...if memory serves me correct... the current contract extension was voted on after 9/11. The pay raise that gave us our current rates came with that extension...and the SWAPA leadership also recommend a "No" vote on that one...as I recall.

Last edited:
I dont believe picking up overtime here is "abuse." The ability to pick-up work as a proby pilot for second year rates lead me to believe the Company wants us to "abuse" the system as much as possible.

SW's contract will be current pay rates and the elimination of overtime abuse. mark my word....

Now I think I get it. You misunderstand who thinks what is abuse.

ALPA thinks pilots flying too much constitutes abuse. Mostly because it means fewer pilots and slower upgrades. Companies like their employees to fly extra. While some do it at a premium, many don't. Either way it is cheaper than health insurance, newhire class and recurrent for extra pilots to fly the lower block per month "ALPA" standard.

Abuse?....I would call what management is doing with this PBS thing abuse. Another management blunder that is made to work by forcing labor to bend over backwards.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back