• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that double breasted suite makes some (and I repeat SOME) DAL guys think they are God's gift to flying. They don't walk by...they levitate by.

Well, "suit", anyway. I was always curious to ask the Delta guys, but never go the nerve up until now: Is the stick inserted up your butt on the third day of class, or during your IOE?

How long until SWA codeshares with Virgin???

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/artic...03-18_00-01-09_L1610291&type=comktNews&rpc=44

Virgin eyes Europe-U.S. flights under "open skies"

Sat Mar 17, 2007

LONDON, March 18 (Reuters) - Virgin Atlantic [VA.UL] has begun work on an aggressive plan to launch direct U.S. flights from cities across Europe if the European Union backs a landmark plan to liberalise transatlantic air travel this week.

An "open skies" deal outlined by U.S. and EU negotiators this month and hailed as the most important air travel pact in decades goes to EU transport ministers for review on March 22. "Virgin is exploring direct services to America from several European hubs," said a Virgin Atlantic spokesman.

He said a study was under way that could see Virgin add flights to the United States from Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Zurich, Amsterdam and possibly Madrid within two years, he said. Britain's transport minister has voiced concern about the "open skies" deal citing risks to UK carriers Virgin Atlantic and British Airways.

The deal would open London's Heathrow airport to more airlines, exposing Virgin and BA to more competition at their main airport.
Virgin and BA are two of only four airlines allowed to fly from Heathrow to the United States under a deal signed in 1978.

The "open skies" deal would allow others to use the routes, though they would have to buy or swap scarce landing slots at the busy airport in order to do so.

Hey SWA/FU,

Who paid for your aviation degree at SIU? Let me guess..... Was it your Daddy who also got you the job at SWA?

No wonder you are so immature. BTW, talking about yourself in the third person is a complete sign of being self centered and immature. As in "the SWA/FU."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Set
Who wants to be junior or on reserve on a piece of equipment that has longer reserve call outs? My buddy over there said they have 8 24 hour call outs for the international guys, and that may be tough for someone who doesn't live close to NYC. If you are a line holder with a schedule, I bet it would be easier. More and more international flying will mean more people bidding over there, but that newhire will be junior and on reserve for years on that plane.

Does that make sense to you? How senior are the LBB trips at SWA? What about CLE? That sounds great. Tulsa in the winter must be fun. Good for you.

This post makes no sense to me.......

When you get an international plane as a newhire, you may be stuck on reserve...a long time. More senior bubbas on the 738 or MD 88 will start bidding over to the 767ER when they know they can hold a line. I wouldn't be surprised if the domestic fleet actually shrinks and exacerbates this phenomenon.

Last edited:
When you get an international plane as a newhire, you may be stuck on reserve...a long time. More senior bubbas on the 738 or MD 88 will start bidding over to the 767ER when they know they can hold a line. I wouldn't be surprised if the domestic fleet actually shrinks and exacerbates this phenomenon.

I was referring to the Tulsa winter comment.:confused: DTW, CLE, yeah...but Tulsa?

There will be a higher percentage of pilots flying international at DAL going forward. Why? CRJ-90s and EMB-175/190s doing domestic flying on the expanding regional side. I know I wouldn't want Mesa flying under my airline's banner. What ever happened to the high quality push at Delta?
I don't know either.....It makes me pretty sad we still lower ourselves to lousy service! The high quality went out when the LCC's started dominating with lower fares. You get what you pay for I guess!

So yes, newhires will feel the love of NYC reserve with the occassion international trip to enjoy. Pan Am and TWA also had a lot of international they liked to talk about. Maybe a deal with Republic and Mesa will keep your fat out of the fire and keep you from the same fate. Maybe not.
JFK is a disaster....It needs fixing, and not just from a MESA/ASA standpoint!

5-6 legs a day at SWA for more than the occasional (junior) trip? General, you are truly smoking crack on this one. Folks have told you it is false, yet you continue to say it. Your reputation is suffering becuase of it.
I'm not General, and I never said anything about this.....Who's the one smoking crack?

Bragging about being one of the highest paying Legacies? We are back to Delta of old. Bragging about the Delta lifestyle and pay. We know where that got you guys after 9/11. Good luck with that.
My comment was towards SWA prick who was bragging about his pay and how DL sucks in pay, benefits....Maybe you should direct that comment toward him!?

On the plus side--Delta is about to hire a ton of new flight attendants. Anytime an airline starts to hire big you see it. Have fun on those international layovers while the SWA guys are vacationing with the family. Different strokes for different folks.
My last international layover, I had the wife and kid with me in Europe. Like you say, different strokes for different folks!

Since you seem to have all the answers, maybe you could apply for a management position....Better yet, let me know what the powerball numbers are going to be this week!

Since you seem to have all the answers, maybe you could apply for a management position....Better yet, let me know what the powerball numbers are going to be this week!

You are right. I was responding to more than one person. You and the General. I'm glad you picked up on that.

I'm always working on where I think the industry is headed. A hobby if you will. Am I right (at all)? I am sometimes. I will offer always offer my opinion on what the future holds. I think having an opinion on such things is important for your career. Otherwise, why am I here on flightinfo?

Glad you had a good time with the family. There's room for LCCs, regionals and legacies in the future. It is my opinion that, over time, their position relative to each other will shift.

Last edited:
You are right. I was responding to more than one person. You and the General. I'm glad you picked up on that.

I'm always working on where I think the industry is headed. A hobby if you will. Am I right (at all)? I am sometimes. I will offer always offer my opinion on what the future holds. I think having an opinion on such things is important for your career. Otherwise, why am I here on flightinfo?

Glad you had a good time with the family. There's room for LCCs, regionals and legacies in the future. It is my opinion that, over time, their position relative to each other will shift.

I agree!:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back