Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA GUY said:
JBDC9,

If you are so tired of reading about it, why don't you quit reading the threads that have SWA in the title?

If AA was doing really well, and in the past they have, you'd be here complaining about them I'm sure....

Get a life!

Umm, I already have a life, but thanks for the suggestion. And as far as the AA comment, not sure where you're coming from there, nobody mentioned AA from what I can see... and I'm not complaining about AA or SWA or whoever, I'm just tired of you Kool Aid drinking tools who keep rah-rahing SWA and saying the legacies should just shrivel up and die. It gets old. And as far as reading threads, last time I checked this thread is about both SWA and CAL; since I work for CAL I figure I could read this thread...

As for MaryOne's comment to "go read a legacy thread", I'll reference my last sentence above; this thread is about both CAL and SWA, and CAL is considered a "legacy", whatever the hell that really means. Perhaps you could take some time off from all that chest thumping and read the thread title a bit closer next time??

Last edited:
Perhaps a scab like yourself would read a post properly and see I never even referenced CAL as a legacy carrier. It's just a scab carrier.

propjob27 said:
I think you are talking about AirTran.

By the way, here's the scab list:

http://fracpilot.com/Scabs%20by%20Name%20May04.PDF

Its a PDF file, so you may have to "right click" it and click "save-as". My adobe reader doesn't open it automatically for some reason.

You are probably too young to remember the Eastern Scabs. Oh it's a fun time over there at CAL. When you're in the cockpit and the captain is a scab. No one will talk to them because they are ostracized from the other pilots. There is hate and more hate around there. Definitely a great environment for a new hire.

In fact I just met an FO who started in May or June who put in 8 years at CAL before he quit. That'll tell you who to work for.

MarylandONE said:
In fact I just met an FO who started in May or June who put in 8 years at CAL before he quit. That'll tell you who to work for.

And we are very glad for you to have him. Judging by the two of you, it seems SWA's hiring standrads are slipping. Or is this you MC? I'll have to look into that.

Funny thing is we could insert the UAL brandname a few years ago on all of your asinine posts. My how times change. Hopefully SWA will enjoy years of prosperity through fuel hedging and your unbridled arrogance can continue unabated.

Last edited:
MarylandONE said:
Perhaps a scab like yourself would read a post properly and see I never even referenced CAL as a legacy carrier. It's just a scab carrier.

Alrighty then, his true colors have appeared; he's run out of debate so he throws out the "scab" label.

Hey, asshole, I'm not a scab, I hired on in '97. Your arrogance is really quite astounding...

These "Airline X or Airline Y?" threads always get ugly. I remember one about "Southwest or FedEx?" a while back. That one got bad too.

The dude who started this thread really needs to answer his own question. This thread probably isn't too helpful anymore.

MarylandONE said:

This means d1ck. I know 2 guys who quit WN to go to UAL in 2000 and have heard of many others doing the same thing. Who the f uck cares?

If the typical white collar American were to spend 3 days reading posts on flightinfo, he would probably come to the conclusion that on average, airline pilots are pretty socially retarded. It's starting to sound like "my Auburn is better than your USC." Much like you don't play on the football field, you don't have a thing to do with the success of the company other than cheering them on and of course praying things go your way. Your perspective depends upon where you sit. And this is from a pilot and son-in law of a '77 WN hire(with plenty of stock).

miles otoole said:
you don't have a thing to do with the success of the company other than cheering them on and of course praying things go your way.

This is exactly why your airlines fail and ours does not.

GUYS -- This is getting out of hand... I just wanted some input and as usual this has turned into a freaking pissing contest! Enough dudes! I just asked input to look at this situation from multi perspectives, that is all... It is not about who is better than anyone... I just want to know what you guys think about sitting put in a nice plush corp job or jumping ship and risking the farm for an airline job, that is all... It is not about who or what is better in terms of companies... Now, the field has been leveled. Let the respective ideas flow with this thought in mind -- it is about risking it for the airline life or staying put in the corp. world and later seeking LUV... That is all... Cheers!

Latest resources

Back