Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
inthewind said:
Fastone:
Stay at your Corp 10 job or go to SWA that leaves one more spot at CAL for me! :D

Two deep cutting furloughs in the past 15 yrs? One, almost two, bankruptcies in about the same time?

Why are you asking this question?

Lets see..Newark, Houston, Cleveland, Guam. Tough choice. Those are all great bases....FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Hose A. Jiminez said:
Two deep cutting furloughs in the past 15 yrs? One, almost two, bankruptcies in about the same time?

Why are you asking this question?

Hose a.
Fastone was asking the question. I want to fly long haul international, not seven legs a day. Been there done that. I can't figure out why I haven't gotten a call at UPS even though I've got mil/121/135 time, been updating my reume' every single month for the last five(yes i said five) years. I've got letters from 12 pilots, ten of them senior captains and Pat O'leary even handed my resume' to Paige. Still not one peep. WTFO!:confused:
So I give up, not paying for training ie. swa type so I'll take a spot at CAL, if Fastone leaves it for me. LOL

inthewind said:
I want to fly long haul international, not seven legs a day. Been there done that. I can't figure out why I haven't gotten a call at UPS

Why do you know you want want to fly this profile? Have you ever done it? Do you really know what you are getting into? Sorry to sound like an interviewer, but I might just be one.

fastone said:
got an offer -- still contemplating though -- give up fortune 10 corp. job for CAL -- very tempting... Any input?

As everyone has been saying, you have to decide what kind of flying you want to do. I have a lot of military comrads who are favoring CAL and FEDEX over SWA. I guess they see an equally or better package and want a choice of equipment and flying over their careers. All I can offer is pray and decide but an answer from SWA will take to long for you to keep putting CAL off.

Go to both interviews. We'll assume you get offers at both. Go to CAL training and get the type rating (they type the FOs). Then bail to SWA. Done. Of course, you may end up on a 75 at CAL during initial.

-W

Latest resources

Back