? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MarylandONE said:
I think you are living in the past. Gary is more aggressive than Herb was and I think he wants to make sure there are less seats available because that's what is killing us. Where else is there to go? We can serve any market we want but the fact still remains, there are to many airlines out there and we are the only airline that has the ability to make one go away.

Really, so which one have you made disappear?

AA

MarylandONE said:
I think you are living in the past. Gary is more aggressive than Herb was and I think he wants to make sure there are less seats available because that's what is killing us. Where else is there to go? We can serve any market we want but the fact still remains, there are to many airlines out there and we are the only airline that has the ability to make one go away.

SWA fundamentals are changing and will continue to. Not the least of which is the attitude more and more SWA pilots have revealed. First chink in the armour IMHO. Keep it up guys, I'm happy to see it. In fact, why don't you just go ahead and completely abandon Herb's way of doing things. Do some international and see how that fits into your plan (see what it does to you domestic ops). At the rate your going, by the time you land at your first international destination you will have the highest operating costs in the game. SWA costs are going up, nothing can stop that. Legacy costs are coming down. That has been a painful matter that I would not wish on my worst enemy. It is not over, but the end result is getting nearer. Much depends on how things go with DAL and NWA, but this business is about one or two major legacy airline consolidations from people asking: "Southwest who?"

I'm inclined to believe this Maryland One clown is a SWA pilot. In fact, I think he is my neighbor. Same ugly behavior and hates my "scab" airline on many levels. Declares that his hourly rate being higher than a UAL 744 Captain is "revenge".

MarylandONE said:
I agree but I don't mind giving a man standing on a ledge about to commit suicide a little push.

You are making me sick. Enough with the over the top psuedo SWA support.

Hey Moderator, how 'bout a little help here!

Last edited:
MarylandONE said:
Yeah, fire away boys. I'll even quote you the FOM/FRM page number.

Fact is the Texasboy doesn't read my posts properly. While I feel SWA is the best airline out there doesn't mean I am resting on my laurels. Nor does it mean I'm gloating over other people's misfortune. The string involves a decision between two airlines. It's pretty clear, to me, which is better. Maybe Texasboy wishes he was somewhere else.

I see money being wasted each day by FOs and Capts alike that disappoint me. And I'll bet my 401k Texasboy is one of them. We need to make up, at a minimum, $500 million next year and every penny counts. Much like our CEO I want SWA to be the only carrier in town. The unfortunate result of that is people lose their jobs but in war people die and that's a fact. As long as it's not SWA people I live with it.

Do your part Texasboy and stop denouncing those who are happy to be here.

I do my part to save every penny I can. And I have never been anything other that ecstatic to be here at SWA.

Assuming that you are real, I feel that I can speak for the rest of the SWA guys on this board in saying that you are an embarassment. I hope you dont act this way in public.

Humility is one of the "four H's" that we look for in who we hire. You're not showing much of it. Either youre one of those guys who feels the need to step on some toes behind the veil of anonymity that is the internet, or you're a crack slipper.

SWAPoolie said:
someone delete this thread.....

Why? It could very instructive to anyone from your PD who happens to read it.

enigma

Dude!

MarylandONE said:
I agree but I don't mind giving a man standing on a ledge about to commit suicide a little push.

Do you read what you write? :)

AAFlyer: I think Braniff, TWA, :) a few others but not as a direct result of our actions, therefore, you are correct sir.

Mary,

You really need to chill dude, and by the way I think the -500 matters too, not just the -300 and -700.

By the way the guy in Wedding Crashers that was way too pumped up was from Mary Land too, wasn't he?

SWAPoolie said:
someone delete this thread.....

Did anyone read this prior to deletion? I'm not the most savvy computer user, but I think MarylandOne and SWAPoolie are the same person. Is that just a gliche or something? It was the same disgusting drivel MarylandOne has a penchant for, but posted under SWAPoolie. What gives?

Latest resources

Back