• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You, on the other hand, need only to shut the fcuk up and quit making us look like a bunch of a$$e$.

Well said. As I said early on in this thread, I've met and drank with dozens of SWA pilots back when I was hanging out at Mr. C's everyday for about 4 months straight. 99% of them were good guys that made everyone feel decent about themselves, no matter who they flew for. None of them even remotely resembled Maryland Ones attitude; I don't think he gets invited to the bar that much.

propjob27 said:
Well said. As I said early on in this thread, I've met and drank with dozens of SWA pilots back when I was hanging out at Mr. C's everyday for about 4 months straight. 99% of them were good guys that made everyone feel decent about themselves, no matter who they flew for. None of them even remotely resembled Maryland Ones attitude; I don't think he gets invited to the bar that much.

Andy wouldnt let him in the door.

MarylandONE said:
The final word:

1. There is nothing wrong with having the killer instinct in this industry.
2. It has nothing to do with being humble.
3. Take some business classes before you start spouting off about what you know nothing about.

1. There is nothing wrong with being kind.
2. There is no need to be arrogant. Nothing is gained by being a jerk.
3. We don't need to take any bussiness classes, we drive the airplanes like Herb wants us to. You need to shut your pie hole because you are the one who appears to be spouting off. So you've taken a couple of business classes and you think you are responsible for SWA's success (if you even work here)? The pilots at SWA are the benefactors of SWA's sucess, not the reason for it. While we are very productive and we've done a lot to save the company money, I see it more as a case of us not getting in the way of SWA's sucess. If you are under the impression that you are somehow better than the pilots at any other airline or that "killer instinct" is beneficial in 121 flying you need to forget the Top Gun fantasy.

As far as conpriacy theories
Flopgut said:
...but I think MarylandOne and SWAPoolie are the same person ... What gives?

Indeed' "what gives"? It seems far more likely that Flopgut and Marylandone are the same person. Whatever the case Marylandone does not remind me of a single person I've met at SWA.

MarylandONE said:
The final word:

1. There is nothing wrong with having the killer instinct in this industry.
2. It has nothing to do with being humble.
3. Take some business classes before you start spouting off about what you know nothing about.

MD1,

If this is what you think, you really don't get it. If you do work at SWA, I am ashamed of you. If you don't, I just feel sorry for you.

You should consider taking a class in "class".

CR

As far as conpriacy theories

Indeed' "what gives"? It seems far more likely that Flopgut and Marylandone are the same person. Whatever the case Marylandone does not remind me of a single person I've met at SWA.[/QUOTE]

That sort of charade is way past my computer skills. Is there anyway for the moderator to put the unedited contents of the post in question back up? Or look at the login patterns of both posters? It was just like Maryland1's comments, same tone and seemed to follow the debate. I have not seen that sort of thing happen myself and I thought one of the more savvy computer types would jump all over it.

My final thought in the form of a question:

Is SWA that good an airline? Or, is what has occured to the legacy airline business in the last four years been that bad?

The answer is almost equal parts of both but everyone has their own feelings on where the tipping point is. SWA is a great airline with bright people. I would like to point out that my reccomendation to the initial question of this thread was to pursue SWA as a first choice, and I work for CAL. I can acknowledge that it is the best choice right now, but SWA is not immune to similiar pitfalls that have affected others. And I especially think it is key for SWA employees to keep in mind that non-market, geopolitical factors have uniquely been to the detriment of legacy airlines. IMHO, that has been the tipping point. So, the idea that SWA needs to have, or has benefited from having a "killer instinct" no longer translates in todays environment. The last couple of posts correcting Maryland1 are indicative of a more good natured type of dialog we need to have. Lets keep the debate about fundamentals.

Incorrect

Captain Ahab said:
After painstakingly reading this entire thread it has come to my attention you are all a bunch of geek losers who need to get a life.

Arguing about who is humble and who isn't? Like there is some status you have to meet to be a SWA puke. For years they hired whomever they could because no one wanted to be there. Now suddenly you have to be a humble angel to be there. Bite me. I have met plenty of SWA jerks that have gotten in the door before 9/11 because they were turned down by every other major.

Finally, Texas people need to get over the fact that hats and boots are for fags.

You are incorrect sir. I know plenty of pilots in the early 90s who paid 10K to get the type only to be turned down. One is a friend and quite arrogant and did not belong at SWA. Not saying that SWA is perfect, but they weren't cruising the streets begging pilots to work for them then either.

Captain Ahab,
Thanks for those capital fashion tips and kudos on that fascinating choice for a user name: a demented old man, obsessed with pursuing an enormous sperm whale he named “Moby Dick”

That was a complement

Avast, Captain Ahab! Either English isn’t your first language or you’re a product of one of those quaint multicultural schools (or perhaps you were absent the day they covered pronoun declension). Your repartee should have read: “Put a novel in front of a military boy and he scratches his head like a monkey.” Is that "enlightening?" Just the same, touché!

My dig is bigger then yours.

You guys are a buch of little kids. Can't believe this crap.

Latest resources

Back