? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cipolini said:
Should have known he is probably a poser.

You are probably right. In his last post, instead of saying "we" at SWA took the hit, he said "they". Doesn't sound like a team player for SWA to me.

OK interview

Not much about the biz talked about. Herb is pretty cool, needs to (at the very least) quit smokin reds.

TexaSWA said:
Pretty obvious that MarylandOne does not work for SWA

Ask him some questions about 737 ops. specific to SWA that only a pilot will know. If he can answer them, well I feel for you guys.

Boeingman said:
Ask him some questions about 737 ops. specific to SWA that only a pilot will know. If he can answer them, well I feel for you guys.

Yeah, fire away boys. I'll even quote you the FOM/FRM page number.

Fact is the Texasboy doesn't read my posts properly. While I feel SWA is the best airline out there doesn't mean I am resting on my laurels. Nor does it mean I'm gloating over other people's misfortune. The string involves a decision between two airlines. It's pretty clear, to me, which is better. Maybe Texasboy wishes he was somewhere else.

I see money being wasted each day by FOs and Capts alike that disappoint me. And I'll bet my 401k Texasboy is one of them. We need to make up, at a minimum, $500 million next year and every penny counts. Much like our CEO I want SWA to be the only carrier in town. The unfortunate result of that is people lose their jobs but in war people die and that's a fact. As long as it's not SWA people I live with it.

Do your part Texasboy and stop denouncing those who are happy to be here.

Last edited:
MarylandONE said:
Much like our CEO I want SWA to be the only carrier in town. The unfortunate result of that is people lose their jobs but in war people die and that's a fact. As long as it's not SWA people I live with it.

I dont think our ceo wants this at all. competition is good and there is plenty of market out there for everyone. We dont operate to put others out of business. It can be argued that American does however make that a part of their business model. We just operate cheep flights, not to put others out of work but to give people the freedom to fly and make a profit.

flyingitalian said:
I dont think our ceo wants this at all. competition is good and there is plenty of market out there for everyone. We dont operate to put others out of business. It can be argued that American does however make that a part of their business model. We just operate cheep flights, not to put others out of work but to give people the freedom to fly and make a profit.

Why is it we have gone into PIT and PHL so aggressively. How about building MDW like it's a fortress. To nail US Air and United when they are weak. It's no secret there are far too many seats out there and the demise of one airline will benifit everyone else standing.

MarylandONE said:
Why is it we have gone into PIT and PHL so aggressively. How about building MDW like it's a fortress. To nail US Air and United when they are weak. It's no secret there are far too many seats out there and the demise of one airline will benifit everyone else standing.

Certainly not to be the only carrier in town. PIT and PHL because there are millions of people living within a 50 mile radius of the airport and because there were high airfares, but not to "nail" US air. MDW to secure limited realestate to ensure our expansion and to not compete head to head with another LCC in a realestate limited airport, but certainly not to "nail" United. We made these moves to stick to our model and that is the ability to compete not eliminate other carriers.

I dont think there are too many carriers out there, just not a level playing field. Chapter 11 laws allow companies to operate that should not be operating. European carrier are much stronger today because their law dont allow companies to operate in a chapter 11 environment and their market is the better for it.

I think you are living in the past. Gary is more aggressive than Herb was and I think he wants to make sure there are less seats available because that's what is killing us. Where else is there to go? We can serve any market we want but the fact still remains, there are to many airlines out there and we are the only airline that has the ability to make one go away.

flyingitalian said:
We dont make them go away they do it to themselves. This statement is a bit nieve. sp? Ill let you have the last word.

I agree but I don't mind giving a man standing on a ledge about to commit suicide a little push.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back