• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because one can buy a $1 drink doesn't mean one has a problem.

If you worked in the GO and you wanted to go home and have a beer after work you could from your own fridge. Which would come from the case you bought at krogers...and its unit cost would be probably less then a $1. So why not let the "front line" employees have that same benefit while on the road? Thus, the 1 - 2 - 3 was born..... thanks Ray!!!!

What a great company!!!

And the decision is...?

Just reread this entire thread. Fastone, did you ever come to a decision? And if you don't mind, would you fill us in on how you ranked the factors to determine your end result.

Thanks in advance and best of luck,
VVJM265

SWA/FO said:
Perhaps this new hire will get bumped from the 7 7 7 once CAL gets more then 3 of them and the senior guys want the 7 7 7. I just flew 777WN the other day. I've also flown 747WN, 757WN & 787SW.

I would go with who has never canceled a/c orders and who has never furloughed. Pick SWA baby!!!!

First of all, this guy is asking for advice from us who have made the decision on where we went so it may help him do the same. So it would be nice to attempt to keep it somewhat serious.

Second, I can appreciate you speaking highly of your airline (SWA) but don't do it at the expense of putting another airline down. No, SWA has nevered furloughed and no they weren't affected by the events of 9-11 and the economic downturn as most of the other carriers particular the major/legacy airlines, though SWA did send some Captains back to right seat and hiring did cease for over a year.

I am a believer that past history is not an indicator of future performance. Though SWA hasn't been affected, watch what you say. It may, and I hope it doesn't, come back to haunt you. Yes, SWA has made money for most of the time they have been in business and has done quite well, but they aren't immune to it nor there are no garuntees in this business.

Just because a dog doesn't bark, or just because it wags its tail doesn't mean it won't bite. Remember this is the aviation business and alot of people at other places in the same situation over the years thought the same also. I wish you and all your SWA buddies good blessings and much long success but don't think you are not vunerable.

Swann757 said:
No, SWA has nevered furloughed and no they weren't affected by the events of 9-11 and the economic downturn as most of the other carriers particular the major/legacy airlines, though SWA did send some Captains back to right seat and hiring did cease for over a year.

Yes they were affected. They just chose to do the right thing and take the hit instead of mass layoffs. Unlike EVERY other airline. That's what makes SWA the best. PERIOD!!

.....Has anyone seen my cat? His name is Mittens. Here P*ssy,P*ssy,P*ssy.....

Last edited:
SWA or CAL

Maryland One,

I have been a SWA employee for a long time and people like you who sit and gloat over other folks misfortune make me ill. Yes, we work for a great company, and yes, they treat us very well. And I am one of the rank and file and quite well paid for those of you who think the rest of us make minimum wage. That being said, I think that it is foolish for those of us who work here to think that we are immune to falling on hard times. I choose to work my butt off and hope that we continue to make a profit and stay successful, but I certainly don't throw it in my pals who work at other carriers faces. One of the biggest problems that we as a company face is the over-inflated egos and 'this will never happen to us' mindset that some here have. We were always better when we were the underdog fighting for survival, and we are still fighting for survival.... unless you don't go to the message to the fields or listen to our fearless leader.

Pretty obvious that MarylandOne does not work for SWA

Latest resources

Back