• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest is a GREAT company to work for.. we are treated very well and with exception to possibly some of the cargo guys, I think that our job security is probably at the top right now..

This game can change overnight though.. You other SWA guys, what's up with trying to convince someone who isn't already convinced? We need the guy's who WANT to be here to begin with..

Maybe the reason these people are not going to Southwest isn't because they don't want to, it's because they don't meet the minimum requirements. Continental's requirements are much less restrictive and this makes it a more viable option for many, especially those of us that have gone from F/O seat to F/O seat of a heavy jet waiting for upgrade. These folks don't have a chance against all of the those regional airline captains also looking to move up to a major.
Just my 2 cents.

SWA/FO said:
Perhaps this new hire will get bumped from the 7 7 7 once CAL gets more then 3 of them !

They have 18 with 2 more on the way. Check your facts.

SWA/FO said:
Actually, why fly a 7 7 7 when you can get the same pay out of a
7 3 7 and you don't have to fly out of E W R?

Maybe pay isn't everything. Maybe some people want to fly one leg to Tokyo or Amsterdam, watch a movie, eat a first-class meal, rather than 5 legs around Texas.

SWA/FO said:
Perhaps this new hire will get bumped from the 7 7 7 once CAL gets more then 3 of them and the senior guys want the 7 7 7. I just flew 777WN the other day. I've also flown 747WN, 757WN & 787SW.

I would go with who has never canceled a/c orders and who has never furloughed. Pick SWA baby!!!!

Wrong, SW furloughed very briefly in the 70s... recalled them right away, but still, couldn't let you get away with that one...:p

I think I've heard someone say---

"Past performance is not guarantee of future results"

And they were right. What we are looking at here is a probability of success by looking at the factors involved and making future assumptions.

I think SWA will be successful but I also see CAL being successful. Each seems to be a master of its domain. What could hurt either of these majors so badly that a newhire this year would be feeling the pain of a fleet reduction, pay reduction, BK or furlough?

AAflyer said:
And I can't wait to get back Int'l. If I had to fly these 3-4 legs a day up and down the rest of my life I would go batty!!

So really in the end it is a personal choice, right?

AA

Tell that to all your furloughed pilots on the street and the new ones you are about to send.

aa73 said:
Wrong, SW furloughed very briefly in the 70s... recalled them right away, but still, couldn't let you get away with that one...:p

Really, did they furlough pilots??? I think you better research that one. 3 managers were furloughed and given their jobs back.

MarylandONE said:
Tell that to all your furloughed pilots on the street and the new ones you are about to send.

You must have some inside information. Who's about to be furloughed?

Latest resources

Back