• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA new city announcement tonite?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Conditions permitting I drive it like I stole it. Time is money and we need it. You come try to "jack boot" my jet and you'll get a Gup boot up your ass. :nuts:

Gup

I am sure you guys are aware, but his speeding comment is serious. They will actually shoot radar on the taxiways... I would not have believed it if I had not seen it.

"Dude, is that a speed trap... on... alpha?!?!... WTF over!"

Guppy just doesn't understand he's a guest in the commonwealth.

Burbank.

Midway.

Great plan.

GP

Pup,

Burbank was a wakeup call for pushing. Always worked in the past. Until it didn't. No excuse for that one. I don't have a defense for them.

Midway was an accident and really tourqes me off when guys poke fun at it. Those two guys flew a perfect approach. The ATIS, tower given winds and braking action were considered and entered into our onboard performace computer. The box said they were legal to land so they did. They landed in the touchdown zone on speed and the jet wouldn't stop. Period. I would go to bat for those guys ANY day and it would/could/should have been you or I on that approach. We don't get paid to divert when the book and data tell us it's legal. We get paid to consider the conditions and make a decision. Those guys even emailed dispatch to make sure pireps and other data was correct.

Feel free to give me crap for taxiing 30 knots. I don't care and actually chuckle when I taxi behind United or American and wonder aloud how they can actually taxi at 8 knots without riding the brakes. If Boston has a speed limit on their taxiways then I will abide but if not then look out for the Blue Blur cause I've got a hot date!

Gup

Pup,

Burbank was a wakeup call for pushing. Always worked in the past. Until it didn't. No excuse for that one. I don't have a defense for them.

Midway was an accident and really tourqes me off when guys poke fun at it. Those two guys flew a perfect approach. The ATIS, tower given winds and braking action were considered and entered into our onboard performace computer. The box said they were legal to land so they did. They landed in the touchdown zone on speed and the jet wouldn't stop. Period. I would go to bat for those guys ANY day and it would/could/should have been you or I on that approach. We don't get paid to divert when the book and data tell us it's legal. We get paid to consider the conditions and make a decision. Those guys even emailed dispatch to make sure pireps and other data was correct.

Poking fun. Hardly! Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it helps you sleep better.

Feel free to give me crap for taxiing 30 knots. I don't care and actually chuckle when I taxi behind United or American and wonder aloud how they can actually taxi at 8 knots without riding the brakes. If Boston has a speed limit on their taxiways then I will abide but if not then look out for the Blue Blur cause I've got a hot date!

Gup
I'm sure your man can wait another 5 minutes in the interest of safety. But then again, you clowns aren't really known for safety.
So, for you and your date, "bottoms up.":blush:

Only the best safety record of any legacy airline. Lets not hash this!

Last edited:
I am sure you guys are aware, but his speeding comment is serious. They will actually shoot radar on the taxiways... I would not have believed it if I had not seen it.

"Dude, is that a speed trap... on... alpha?!?!... WTF over!"

Police officers on the ramp at Logan shoot radar at aircraft to detect speed? And then issue citations? Does anyone have a reference or hyperlink where I can read more about this? It wouldn't surprise me about Boston. After all, they did legalize Marijuana up to 2 oz. with a small fine.

Latest resources

Back