• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA new city announcement tonite?

Whataburger

Total Time
40teen
MDW Message. Sometimes stuff gets announced at the MTFs. I used the article to illustrate that Gary said maybe we'd go there some day. LGA-BOS, does anyone do that route? Maybe that day is this Fall? Just spitballing.

Daddy

Total Time
Enough
BOS

....I'm shipping up to Boston....to FIND MY WOODEN LEG!

N1kawotg

Total Time
A few
It is Bos- the company website had it then it was removed. I guess the forgot that Gary wasn't announcing until the Message to the Field tonite in MDW.

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
not enough white trash in boston to make it a viable departure city.

lakemead1

Total Time
8000+
MDW Message. Sometimes stuff gets announced at the MTFs. I used the article to illustrate that Gary said maybe we'd go there some day. LGA-BOS, does anyone do that route? Maybe that day is this Fall? Just spitballing.
Delta shuttle does it once every hour.

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
Oh great, just one more airline to add to the LGA-BOS market!

Richard Gozinya

Vikings Fan
Total Time
WFB
I was being a little sarcastic, but I don't believe we can keep up with once an hour with our 7 slots.

With all the smoozy characters in Quincy and Braintree, we'll just tell them we're starting hourly service..........they will never know the difference.

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
02-18-09 | Southwest Airlines Announces Future Service to Boston
Gary announced tonight at the MDW Message to the Field that Southwest Airlines plans to begin service to Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) sometime this fall. We have not released specific service details yet, but Southwest would like to begin operations at BOS this fall with a conservative number of flights. Check out SWALife and your EmployeeNews e-mail tomorrow morning for additional information regarding our decision to serve BOS.

guess it is official

Whataburger

Total Time
40teen
With all the smoozy characters in Quincy and Braintree, we'll just tell them we're starting hourly service..........they will never know the difference.

I like your thinking.

Looking forward to some Harpoon Beer.

I think we're buying JetBlue.

We don't have to dress-up like indians do we?

Last edited:

generaltso

Marcy Projects
Total Time
500hrs
Before long southwest is going to be another "real" airline going in to "real" cities with "real" labor problems and high costs.

Mark my words. Southwest is really getting away from the bread and butter that has served them well over the past 30 years.

In the end, when the fuel hedges are gone, and labor is too expensive, the LUV isn't gonna help. I am just curious, why do they feel the need to get away from a business model that has worked so well for so long?