• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA new city announcement tonite?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Long days...I knock out 3,4,5 legs in less than 10 hours...then I am in a hotel...that is not long....sitting or even resting in a plane for 12-15 hours sounds like torture...but you are right each person likes their own type of flying....I have 0 desire to do international. I do not consider Canada or Carribean or even Mexico Int'l for that purpose...I wish our company did long-haul stuff but I would not want to fly it.

And because you drive like you just stole it, things like this will continue to happen!

AP
Southwest planes touch on ground in San Diego
Thursday March 5, 9:36 pm ET Southwest planes touch as jet leaves gate in San Diego; no injuries reported
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- A Southwest Airlines jet's wingtip clipped the tail end of another Southwest plane as it left its gate Thursday.
No one was injured when the Boeing 737s touched on the ground around 3:45 p.m. PST at San Diego's Lindbergh Field, said Ian Gregor, a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration.
Both planes were taken out of service and customers were moved to other aircraft, said Southwest spokeswoman Whitney Eichinger.
The plane that left the gate was headed for San Francisco International Airport. The plane that was hit in its gate was destined for Kansas City International Airport.
The San Francisco-bound plane was not under the direction of the FAA as the pilot left the gate, Gregor said.

Last month one of our 757's (CAL) got whacked by a SWA jet in FLL. It was early morning and the SWA folks didn't bother to call for push meanwhile the CAL plane was cleared to push by ground/ramp. I flew with the Capt. the next week and he got to spend that entire day with the Feds filling out paperwork.

Long days...I knock out 3,4,5 legs in less than 10 hours...then I am in a hotel...that is not long....sitting or even resting in a plane for 12-15 hours sounds like torture...but you are right each person likes their own type of flying....I have 0 desire to do international. I do not consider Canada or Carribean or even Mexico Int'l for that purpose...I wish our company did long-haul stuff but I would not want to fly it.

SWA and DL are not really alike as we can see. The key is that at DL we can do either longhaul or shorthaul. We aren't restricted to only INTL or only DOM. Some people like fewer legs or longer legs with snooze time. The problem with multiple leg days is usually the last day of your trip--- when you are already tired and want to finish. That last LGA turn you will have from MDW will extend that 5 leg day to an eternity---mired with delays. That is when you will feel at your worst. But hey, you will have a lot of cash when you are done...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last month one of our 757's (CAL) got whacked by a SWA jet in FLL. It was early morning and the SWA folks didn't bother to call for push meanwhile the CAL plane was cleared to push by ground/ramp. I flew with the Capt. the next week and he got to spend that entire day with the Feds filling out paperwork.
This doesn't surprise me. These cowboys are constantly hurrying!

RedDogC130 said:
I have 0 desire to do international. I do not consider Canada or Carribean or even Mexico Int'l for that purpose...I wish our company did long-haul stuff but I would not want to fly it.
Good thing for you too! That's why you have westjet and volaris!

SWA and DL are not really alike as we can see. The key is that at DL we can do either longhaul or shorthaul. We aren't restricted to only INTL or only DOM. Some people like fewer legs or longer legs with snooze time. The problem with multiple leg days is usually the last day of your trip--- when you are already tired and want to finish. That last LGA turn you will have from MDW will extend that 5 leg day to an eternity---mired with delays. That is when you will feel at your worst. But hey, you will have a lot of cash when you are done...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dude, get over it, live and let live...

You're like the guy who is constantly bashing the chick he so badly wants but will never get to sleep with.

Dude, get over it, live and let live...

You're like the guy who is constantly bashing the chick he so badly wants but will never get to sleep with.

What do you mean? Your Mom and Sister thought I was fun.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
What do you mean? Your Mom and Sister thought I was fun.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Really? I heard "small" and "limp", but not fun. Is there an incest fetish you'd like to share General? Do you own a banjo?

Latest resources

Back