• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA new city announcement tonite?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not enough white trash in boston to make it a viable departure city.

If SWA converts to bio fuels, all the liberals in BOS will be flying on SWA to make them feel good that they are saving the environment. I hear that Barney Frank is all over this SWA situation, kind of like he was all over the FANNIE MAE and FREDDIE MAC regulation.

Boston?

Wonder how this will play out in MHT and BDL?

Gup

You will definitely own the BOS, PVD, ISP, BDL, and MHT area.........? It'll be like USAir in the late 90s...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Before long southwest is going to be another "real" airline going in to "real" cities with "real" labor problems and high costs.

Mark my words. Southwest is really getting away from the bread and butter that has served them well over the past 30 years.

In the end, when the fuel hedges are gone, and labor is too expensive, the LUV isn't gonna help. I am just curious, why do they feel the need to get away from a business model that has worked so well for so long?

Because that bread & butter is getting stale & rancid. Or, to use another tired cliche, the low hanging fruit has pretty much all been picked.

Now if SWA continued to do what they've always done, regardless of the ever-changing market....that's when they'd really start acting like a "real" airline.

You will definitely own the BOS, PVD, ISP, BDL, and MHT area.........? It'll be like USAir in the late 90s...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hows that international expansion working for ya!

"With demand for international trips in free fall, most U.S. and foreign airlines are cutting international service to and from the USA. "

"With demand for international trips in free fall, most U.S. and foreign airlines are cutting international service to and from the USA. "

I don't think we have cut much, except discontinuing Raleigh to Paris before it started. Really, we should have a fantastic Summer, and then we will have our normal Fall and Winter pull down, and then restart it all over again in the Spring. Enjoy BOS, I think your ontime arrival rate will rival SFO and PHL. I am certain you will say to yourself, "This, this, this, well, this is FANTASTIC."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Hey bravodoosh:
How's that job search working out for ya?
Did you update that app with volaris or westjet?
Furlough's just around the corner rookie!:D
At least when you paid for your job, you bought yourself a back up plan!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back