• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA new city announcement tonite?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MDW Message. Sometimes stuff gets announced at the MTFs. I used the article to illustrate that Gary said maybe we'd go there some day. LGA-BOS, does anyone do that route? Maybe that day is this Fall? Just spitballing.
Delta shuttle does it once every hour.

BOSTON_s.jpg
02-18-09 | Southwest Airlines Announces Future Service to Boston
Gary announced tonight at the MDW Message to the Field that Southwest Airlines plans to begin service to Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) sometime this fall. We have not released specific service details yet, but Southwest would like to begin operations at BOS this fall with a conservative number of flights. Check out SWALife and your EmployeeNews e-mail tomorrow morning for additional information regarding our decision to serve BOS.
smBlue_arrow_left.gif

guess it is official

With all the smoozy characters in Quincy and Braintree, we'll just tell them we're starting hourly service..........they will never know the difference.

I like your thinking.

Looking forward to some Harpoon Beer.

I think we're buying JetBlue.

We don't have to dress-up like indians do we?

Last edited:
Before long southwest is going to be another "real" airline going in to "real" cities with "real" labor problems and high costs.

Mark my words. Southwest is really getting away from the bread and butter that has served them well over the past 30 years.

In the end, when the fuel hedges are gone, and labor is too expensive, the LUV isn't gonna help. I am just curious, why do they feel the need to get away from a business model that has worked so well for so long?

Latest resources

Back