• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It never ends....This place used to be good for info and real advice. I'm done peace out

Taxi speed?

You guys are dumb and just mad we don't play your paid by the minute game

Naw, we're just tired of watching people push the envelope, with predictable results. You're only half an ego away from being as dangerous as the guy you were criticizing a few posts back.

Have you ever operated at 250 knots below 10,000?
Have you ever thrown the gear or operated the flaps at maximum placarded speed?
Have you ever had a rest period reduced to only 8 hours?

The limits are in place to delineate the line for which a safe operation crosses from safe to unsafe or a legal operation becomes illegal. The safe side of either is exactly that, the safe side. I am not advocating operating at the maximum limits at all times, I'm simply saying that to do so has been deemed safe and legal by the folks making the rules governing our profession.

You seem to be struggling with the difference between "have you ever" and "do you always".

It never ends....This place used to be good for info and real advice. I'm done peace out

I blame cable news believe it or not. A significant percentage of Americans think replacing substance with an insult is a valid way to make a point. Was it Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh that Time magazine called the "Messiah for Morons"?
Anyway, since an AA guy decided to throw rocks in his glass house I'll bring up Cali.

A crash caused by improper use of technology. Obviously this could have been prevented by correct application of glass technology.

Since the subject of what the FAA reaction will be came up.....I have to wonder if that's what will come out of this. More emphasis on proper use of technology. Reading the board here seems to indicate SWA is behind in that regard. NOT A SLAM! Understandable given their type of operation. Lot's of multiple legs and lot's of hand flying. Which brings up the other side of the sword. Too much technology equals weaker hand flying skills.The technology is a great tool when used properly, but a killer when used as a crutch and it turns to rubber.
They'll come up with some kind of knee jerk reaction though!

Here's a good link everybody might appreciate:

http://www.thirdamendment.com/wrongway.html

My favorite one:

July 31, 1979 - A Western Airlines 737, bound for Sheridan, Wyoming (SHR), mistakenly lands at Johnson County Airport (BYG) in Buffalo. Link. [Buffalo subsequently honored the pilot with a "Lowell Ferguson Days" celebration. Link.] See also David Bird and Albin Krebs, "Wyoming Town Fondly Remembers a Mistake," New York Times, July 7, 1981.

Nobody got hurt. The pilots have probably already beat themselves up enough. I'd let my family ride their airplane. That's my opinion.

It would be nice if it was still like it was in 79 in Buffalo, WY.

Interesting post Flop...my quick take is this is one problem that should be greatly diminished thanks to glass technology.

Anyone think it's ironic that on the 5 year anniversary of Sully successfully putting a crippled Airbus into the Hudson saving everyone on board we have folks on here actually defending to Airline pilots with a combines 28 years at SW that couldn't find the correct airport in VFR conditions. even student pilots would have some explaining to do.

Gross negligence plain and simple

Latest resources

Back