SWA jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

moabmic

Just hoping that someone out there can give me any info on what loads from ABQ to TPA have been like and what the possibility of actually getting a jumpseat would be? Thanks greatly in advance!

Nothing specific, but since the kids are back in school, This is a great time of year to nonrev/jumpseat.

Is SWA taking a certain number of JSers now or is it unlimited as long as there are seats in the back? Also when is the TSA going to start allowing offline jumpseaters in the cockpit again? Thanks.

2 folks.... unless you work for AWA, ATA, Frontier or US Airways = we take as many as we can of those folks.

SWA/FO,

I ride on you guys a bunch and appreciate the hospitality, it's a lot like riding on line. I'm curious though, why do you let an unlimited number of only the carriers you listed? We at JB have a very liberal JS policy, and if 50 SWA folks (or pretty much anyone, including FA's) show up we will take them all if we have the seats. We'll even let you ride on a FA jumpseat as long as you can fit in the straps. I've been #3 only once on SWA and was left behind despite my best tactful sniveling. If it's a matter of a reciprocal agreement perhaps we should have our people contact your people.
I'm not gloating about our policy, I'm just trying to improve mine and everyone else's commute.

Cheers,
Maj

For that matter, why would any carrier not have unlimited jumpseating? Unfair?

Ok, well how about reciprocal unlimited jumpseating for those interested, e.g. "JetBlue offers unlimited jumpseats, so we'll offer unlimited jumpseats to JetBlue folks...?"

After all, isn't this something that helps all of our bretheren to and from work?

Aside from the (perhaps) 3% fuel penalty for any given weight, what's the downside to this plan?

Also you didn't mention Mesa/Airmidwest in the list. However since we fly as AWAexpress and USAir express does that qualify us? I believe our policy also is to take unlimited jumpseaters. I don't know that's why I'm asking but will need to know here real soon by eom. Thanks again.

Mic

All it would take is a phone call. AWA, ATA, Frontier and US Airways allow unlimited SWA guys on too. Sounds good to me, I don't like sweating it out either... But with jetBlue's load factors it might not be a good deal for us :)

By-the-way, what is up with the stock at JBLU? Did they start selling more of it? Everyday it goes up 2 - 3 dollars - I look in the aviation news section for some big announcement. Usually nothing has happen - so what gives?

Since you guys still have to sit in the back.
Got to www.ifly737.com and then click on Pass Bureau and then Non-Rev Listing.
It will give you the phone # (866)-SWA-PLAY.
Then you can find out if you flight is "good", bad" or "ugly".
Good Luck....

I just updated my manual today, and Mesa IS on the unlimited jumpseat list, as are US Air, Horizon, ATA, Frontier, & America West.

I am sure we would love to recipricate with jetBlue. Get your people with our people. I know getting left sucks, as United has left me at the curb about as many times as they have taken me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back