SWA jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unlimited Jumpseat

A minor point but important one. As for getting unlimited jumpseat access, the process is slightly more involved than a mere phone call. We use to offer just two airlines but after much research by our JS coordinator & committee (very small) they went to SWA management with proposals for unlimited for a number of airlines. The company stated OK, we'll open it up to 5 more airlines & you the SWAPA pilots can vote on which ones' you feel are most deserving/applicable to where we fly since you're the ones who use these carriers.

The vote was held & 5 more carriers were added. Slightly more than a phone call. Could more be added, probably but it will involve discussions with the JS coordinators by the appropriate folks at your company & then follow-up by our folks. Most of the energy of all JS coordinators is working out the bugs in the new test program (I don't know of any carriers participating...has anyone flown in a cockpit since 10 Aug when the program started?) not adding new carriers.

Lots of factors involved in who gets unlimite access. Most Capts are pretty good about interpreting the rules as are our CSAs. While this is an issue (I will soon be a commuter again if upgrades happen next year :) the big picture is that only so much energy can be put toward it but I think our folks are always working to improve it. Don't hesitate to have "your folks, call our folks" to get the right info & help make the process work.

cheers & God Bless,

Chase, good luck on the upgrade!
RJ, were you able to get that list of aircraft flown all out in one breath?!! LOL
My ATR j/s open to as many as I can put on and welcome.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back