• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA is in position to dominate ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One must understand the city of ATL to understand that they can, will and have been bought......basically defines their M.O. The fill dirt of the new runway was built on back door shady deals. A literal mountain of kick backs and bribes. The airport is basically the only thing keeping the city from financial ruin, due to years of inep management and corruption.

I wouldn't be surprised if the city drew "SWA" on their foreheads while building a new terminal for them ( for the right price) SWA is great at giving the perception of value to consumers and politicians. Can't blame them for that.

Building a terminal is one thing. The flow of traffic in ATL is another thing. They'll see.

Yesterday is a great example. Ramp control has a hard time working with Ground Control and it aint major Tom either. Ramp control needs some serious work and they are not ATC they are city paid. Sat on Lima for 15 min because Ramp wouldn't answer us nor ground and we had gate D1A. This was after our 18min turn in JAX to make up for the outbound delay.

Yesterday is a great example. Ramp control has a hard time working with Ground Control and it aint major Tom either. Ramp control needs some serious work and they are not ATC they are city paid. Sat on Lima for 15 min because Ramp wouldn't answer us nor ground and we had gate D1A. This was after our 18min turn in JAX to make up for the outbound delay.

If ramp traffic wasn't a factor, just taxi in.

You gotta wonder about that... if the ramp controllers aren't FAA, can you get violated for just sauntering on in? :D

I would have felt being left out in a uncontrolled (no contact) environment, I was putting the safety of my crew and pax in jeopardy. So old cappy here is going to creep in and get out of the way.LOL!

I would have felt being left out in a uncontrolled (no contact) environment, I was putting the safety of my crew and pax in jeopardy. So old cappy here is going to creep in and get out of the way.LOL!

I've done it on occasion. If they catch ya, it usually results in being instructed to make a punitive and lengthy "perp walk" around the entire ramp (north and south), with vindictive pauses gleefully inflicted at the various empty roadways. If you're lucky, a shift change occurs in the middle and you get to appeal your sentence to the new controller. ;)

Last edited:
Wow, great comeback. I bet you have a 3 inch pecker too.
LOL - you've gotten decidedly more ornery since you got to Delta.

Don't let it turn you into one of those crusty old Deltoids... life's too fun to take so seriously. No one gets out alive, anyway. ;)

Latest resources

Back