SWA is in position to dominate ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol!

That and the ridiculous amount of aircraft on ramps 3 and 4.

Best thing SWA could do is somehow "convince" the ATL airport authority that all the RJ's should be in the A concourse and push them all into Ramps 1 and 2.

That would go a long way towards clearing up all the congestion. Don't see nearly as much of a monkey with a football on Ramps 1, 2, and 5 as we do in 3 and 4 fighting with the RJ folk.

Keep Delta planes on Delta ramps, keep SWA/AAI planes on SWA/AAI ramps. Problem solved. ;)

Best thing SWA could do is somehow "convince" the ATL airport authority that all the RJ's should be in the A concourse and push them all into Ramps 1 and 2.

That would go a long way towards clearing up all the congestion. Don't see nearly as much of a monkey with a football on Ramps 1, 2, and 5 as we do in 3 and 4 fighting with the RJ folk.

Keep Delta planes on Delta ramps, keep SWA/AAI planes on SWA/AAI ramps. Problem solved. ;)

This will happen. Just wait.

I know the reasons why we bought AirTran, but personally, flying into ATL is not something I want to do on a regular basis. Laugh all you want about LUB and HRL, but they sure are easy to get in and out of. I make the same no matter what. I'll take the easy airports. You young studs can have ATL and EWR and LGA.

Exactly.

You'll love BMI, MLI and CAK.

Nicely stated Ty, agree 100%. It's hard to step on the binders when trying to draft behind the widebodies in the concourse!

In conversation last night in Tampa SWA leadership was excited about competing in new markets. Adding planes is a real possibility. They also said approximately 125 engine changes last year on the B717.

Latest resources

Back