• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Interview!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wear a white shirt. It is a job interview, not an audition for a play or show. Don't shoot yourself in the arse before you even get to open your mouth.

FJ

toa2mdt,

SWA is full of military guys in case you weren't aware. Sarcasm is a part of the way we grew up. We give each other endless s*^& all the time and do not allow perceived errors in speach and action to go unchecked. If you're going to survive in a community where at least half of the guys you fly with are military guys, you'd better get used to it.

Dog pile...

...and to add to the last post, we former military types don't give slack to people who ask weak questions about how to dress (in your case, a question that should be asked of your dear old mum, who probably dressed you until you were 25), and then lash out when they learn that the plan to look like a fruit loop in an interview won't work well. Pardon my inability to see things from your perspective, but where in the world is the correlation between military service and wearing a white shirt to an airline interview? Do enlighten us with your wisdom.

In the meantime, a revision to my previous advice: Wear the canyon blue shirt. With pride. But don't iron it--that would be too "military." And be sure to slip in some snide remark about military pilots during the interviews. SWA needs to get to know the "real you" in order to make a good hiring decision.

Fox II

Malter1 said:
We give each other endless s*^& all the time and do not allow perceived errors in speach and action to go unchecked.

And spelling errors too.

ZING!

That is a CAPITALIZED CIVILIAN there, not just any civilian.

Good luck in the interview.

FJ

ps: Wear a white shirt.

Juvat,

Duly noted.............. I'm a product of a state school.

toa2mdt said:
ok ok,

i noticed most and i repeat most responses here that went with white were former military. its not really canyon blue, its that std blue that office types wear so its not so showy. i dont look like a pimp in it either. so to get all you riled over a shirt, just some feedback, not a lashing. dang you guys that bash have the real problems.

If you think this is lashing, you need to thicken your skin. Personally, I (and i'm sure many of the individuals who have given you advice) could care less what you wear to your interview. Many of those who responded have been through the process at SWA and are giving you input. If you don't like it, (as with any other input you ask for) ignore it and do what you want. I would caution, if you try to draw some kind of mil/civ line, that won't go over well in your interview. Many of the pilots and interviewers have a mil background.

Good Luck.

So I'm in the jetway getting the plane and the outgoing FO asks my Captain if he flew in the military ....

he says, "not unitl I got to Southwest".

I almost had to change underwear.

When I interviewed at SWA, there was a guy with a blue shirt. One of the SWA guys told him he looked like a Jetblue Pilot! We all laughed. He got the job. In fact only two out of 11 or so received a job offer. I know it was his second round at SWA, and am pretty sure he was civillian. So there you go, at SWA there is no magic formula, unless you are Air Force of course, just joking.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back