Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

toa2mdt

Hey Guys/Gals,

I got called for an interview at Southwest! I was thinking of wearing a Canyon Blue dress shirt for the interview. I was looked at funny by the gal that was measuring me up at the Men's Wearhouse because I told her my reason for not buying a white shirt.

Any thoughts on this?

Wear the freakin' white shirt! If you're wondering about your shirt at this stage, you've got a whole lot of problems. Were you going to wear your Jerry Garcia tie, tan suit, and brown shoes too?

I concur. You need to wear the white shirt and lose any preponderance for silliness that you may have. A sage old SWA pilot explained it to me like this before my interview: SWA is looking for friendly and outgoing--not goofy.

Yes, I know that the color of your shirt doesn't make you goofy. What I'm trying to say, however, is that this is not the multi-million dollar venue where you want to stand out and look like you do not know how to dress. Nobody wears canyon blue shirts with a suit (unless they're pimps). There is no reason to depart from common sensical dressing just because its a SWA interview.

Best of luck to you on the interview, and I'll look forward to seeing you on the line!

wear the standard white shirt or business blue. it's a business interview, you want to impress them w/ your personality, not your ability to dress like a pimp trapped in 1970. if you just have to have the canyon blue shirt, wear it on the flight up there and tell the FAs you're going in for an interview, they'll probably get a kick out of it.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Juvat said:
SWA is looking for friendly and outgoing--not goofy.

I donno they hired me ...

but even I'd go with the white.

toa2mdt, when is your interview? a friend of mine got an interview for Sept 14.

PS My vote: white shirt w/corndog colored tie.

White shirt! Canyonblue tie, maybe? If you are going to wear a standout tie like that, go buy a real nice one....not from the men's wearhouse. Saks or Neimans. Most of the folks will have on white shirt and some sort of red tie. The tie will not land the job for you, but it could be a distraction if it is too loud. Pick a color that you look good in, or that you feel confident wearing.

ok ok,

i noticed most and i repeat most responses here that went with white were former military. its not really canyon blue, its that std blue that office types wear so its not so showy. i dont look like a pimp in it either. so to get all you riled over a shirt, just some feedback, not a lashing. dang you guys that bash have the real problems.

Latest resources

Back